Rumor: Dodgers & Sox discussing Sale & Frazier

DirtySox

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
If the Sox don't get a HUGE package of can't miss prospects, I'm talking four minimum prospects who CAN'T MISS, then this will be perhaps the worst trade in history. Losing Sale and Frazier guarantees we finish last in the division. It guarantees it. Our pitching staff will be decimated losing Sale's No. 1 slot. And Frazier, despite the low BA, was our power. So, OK, we are going to finish last and we'll be out of the race probably by the end of the first week of May. Like I said, you better have a CANT MISS HAUL of prospects to make all that misery (and crowds of under 20,000) acceptable. The obvious question is, "Do the Dodgers have any can't miss prospects?" Don't tell me you have to take a risk now and then. Uh ... not for Sale and Frazier. Any moron can tell Kris Bryant and Schwarber could HIT HIT HIT. Any moron could tell back in the day Frank Thomas could HIT HIT HIT. Bring in prospects like that or this team will draw so few fans the next five years it will have to sell/move.

you sir are a fuzz spouting dumbass

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:09 PM)
I'll take less in quantity if it means we get Urias in the deal.

Urias, De Leon, Bellinger, Verdugo, Lux, and Puig.

I honestly don't know how Urias wouldn't be involved. Sure, De Leon is solid, but he is already 24 turning 25 in the season without MLB experience.

Same. I'd do this deal and I don't particularly like Dodgers as a trade partner for Sale, but if they offer the top 4, not sure you can say no. I would like to see Barnes a part of the deal though. That said, I don't think this will happen because it would go against what the Dodgers front office has done since taking over.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
If no Urias this deal is a failure.

I think it would be dumb to diminish the package we could get just to hold our for Urias. He's going to be valued at a seriously high price, as he should, which is going to hurt what the rest of the deal looks like. With a serious lack of talent all the way down the organization I'd rather see us get 3 guys that can help soon than just Urias. That, and I can definitely see LA just outright refusing to deal Urias...

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
I think it would be dumb to diminish the package we could get just to hold our for Urias. He's going to be valued at a seriously high price, as he should, which is going to hurt what the rest of the deal looks like. With a serious lack of talent all the way down the organization I'd rather see us get 3 guys that can help soon than just Urias. That, and I can definitely see LA just outright refusing to deal Urias...

If no Urias there is zero chance we get remotely close to equal value for Sale AND Frazier.

If you take lots of mediocre prospects we will be stuck in the position of having few holes but no star power. This team will not sign big time FA's and we will be back in fire sale mode.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
Urias, Verdugo, Bellinger, Lux, Barnes, and Alvarez. I would do that in a heartbeat. Alvarez one highest ceiling pitchers in all of minors

PP34, how do you think that quintet compares to Bosox package led by either Benintendi or Moncada with Devers, Swihart, and Kopech on the side?

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
PP34, how do you think that quintet compares to Bosox package led by either Benitendi or Moncada with Devers, Swiheart, and Kopech on the side?

You'd have to include Groome for it to be apples to apples. As you wrote it, I'd take the Dodgers deal.

Any package mentioned as long as Cody Bellinger is involved.... I'm a sox fan via So*Cal and have seen plenty of Cody play while he was on the dodgers single A team the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes and was instantly impressed me as well as seeing plenty of him in AZ last spring.... dude can rake 👍