Rumor: Dodgers & Sox discussing Sale & Frazier

DirtySox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
A package around Odor, Mazara and Gallo would excite me

Odor and Gallo don't fit the mold of our recent scouting approach - which I would expect to see in the pieces we're seeking in return.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:28 PM)
Callis talking about a package from Boston of JBJ, Moncada or Benintendi, Devers and Kopech.

I would say he is a lousy source. There is no way Boston would trade JBJ and Benintendi in any trade. That would leave them with 2 starting outfield vacancies. These people are just throwing stuff out and hoping something sticks.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
I would say he is a lousy source. There is no way Boston would trade JBJ and Benintendi in any trade. That would leave them with 2 starting outfield vacancies. These people are just throwing stuff out and hoping something sticks.

That wasn't a source rumor, that was Callis being asked what he would want from Boston for Sale

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
No chance

Agreed but that's what he said he'd need. He said Sale is so good and a sure thing that ya need a monster deal.

I think we're gona be shocked at what we get. I really do. Once teams get a sense Sale is close to going to Team A, then Teams B, C, D, etc. will up their offers and it'll be a mad house.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)

Dude pay attention. It was said he was speaking hypothetically.

I could be completely wrong but I think there's a reason why National Writers haven't linked the Dodgers and Red Sox to Sale trade talks. Those are the 2 teams with the most interest. All of the rest of these are leaks for whatever reason. I have no doubt Atlanta wants Chris Sale. They don't have the pieces though. I bet it's the Dodgers unless DD ponies up.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
I could be completely wrong but I think there's a reason why National Writers haven't linked the Dodgers and Red Sox to Sale trade talks. Those are the 2 teams with the most interest. All of the rest of these are leaks for whatever reason. I have no doubt Atlanta wants Chris Sale. They don't have the pieces though. I bet it's the Dodgers unless DD ponies up.

I still think the Yankees are a sleeping giant in this whole Sale saga. I just can't forget what Joel Sherman said at the trade deadline about the Yankees and Chris Sale. I think they'll be in it near the end.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)

I don't disagree with your theory, but it just seems like leaks would be unnecessary on this. Just for the same reason as you mentioned...I am sure every team in the MLB wants Chris Sale...but only a few teams have the currency to get him, and those that do are well-aware of that.

Leaked interest shouldn't really phase them.

Benintendi

Devers

Kopesch

Eduardo Rodriguez

Blake Swihart

1 of Jake Cosart, Deven Marrero, Trey Ball, Christian Vasquez, or Brian Johnson

To me this still seems like the most likely outcome if a Boston deal were to happen. I know some here might think it's a little light, but I'd be happy with this haul. This + smart moves with Melky, Frazier, and Robertson and we could be setup nicely for a quick turn around in my opinion. No need to move Q, Eaton, and Abreu just yet

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 01:40 AM)
Benintendi

Devers

Kopesch

Eduardo Rodriguez

Blake Swihart

To me this still seems like the most likely outcome if a Boston deal were to happen. I know some here might think it's a little light, but I'd be happy with this haul. This + smart moves with Melky, Frazier, and Robertson and we could be setup nicely for a quick turn around in my opinion. No need to move Q, Eaton, and Abreu just yet

No way does Boston give up that much

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 06:40 PM)
Benintendi

Devers

Kopesch

Eduardo Rodriguez

Blake Swihart

I think that's a great deal for the Sox. Don't need the last guy either, but would certainly take him.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
I still think the Yankees are a sleeping giant in this whole Sale saga. I just can't forget what Joel Sherman said at the trade deadline about the Yankees and Chris Sale. I think they'll be in it near the end.

Yeah the Yankees do have the prospects to get it done if they want to jump over a team like Boston at the last minute.