Braves among teams showing interest in chris sale

Whisox05

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
Listening to that Podcast it seems like the host is trying to suggest the Braves sell the White Sox on quantity instead of quality. That's not happening.

With Chris Sale on the block, you are getting both quality AND quantity.

The Braves system is loaded. There are a couple people that suggest the Braves don't have upper echelon pitching in their org and thats a lie. I love a lot of pieces in that org. I also see a trade not involving Swanson as a possibility.

Something like Albies.Fried.Riley would be a great return and a win for both teams in my eyes. I honestly think Fried could end up the #1 SP prospect next season if he can keep the mechanics clean and goes about obtaining better conditioning in the offseason (showed serious fatigues after 4th most outings). Tall LHP that can throw 97 with a devastating curve. Both get 75-70 grades from me.

Edited by JoshBBR

QUOTE (JoshBBR @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
The Braves system is loaded. There are a couple people that suggest the Braves don't have upper echelon pitching in their org and thats a lie. I love a lot of pieces in that org. I also see a trade not involving Swanson as a possibility.

Something like Albies.Fried.Riley would be a great return and a win for both teams in my eyes. I honestly think Fried could end up the #1 SP prospect next season if he can keep the mechanics clean and goes about obtaining better conditioning in the offseason (showed serious fatigues after 4th most outings). Tall LHP that can throw 97 with a devastating curve. Both get 75-70 grades from me.

Welcome to Soxtalk Josh.

QUOTE (JoshBBR @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)

it doenst matter it a prospectend being number next season the sox are not giving up there ace unless they know getting a big time propset like swesonom in retun

Take all of this with a giant grain of salt: I have a buddy from Atlanta that is plugged in locally that I talk NFL Draft with. He's a Braves fan. He claims to have a friend that is a scout for Atlanta. He told me that Atlanta can't get Sale because they aren't willing to trade Maitan or Dansby. He said it's Quintana that they are going after. He mentioned Sean Newcomb, Travis Demeritte, and Mallex Smith. That's not enough for Q but like I said this is what he told me.

QUOTE (gosoxtim8 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 07:09 PM)
it doenst matter it a prospectend being number next season the sox are not giving up there ace unless they know getting a big time propset like swesonom in retun

To be fair. I like Albies nearly as much as I liked Swanson. Albies is a freak.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
Take all of this with a giant grain of salt: I have a buddy from Atlanta that is plugged in locally that I talk NFL Draft with. He's a Braves fan. He claims to have a friend that is a scout for Atlanta. He told me that Atlanta can't get Sale because they aren't willing to trade Maitan or Dansby. He said it's Quintana that they are going after. He mentioned Sean Newcomb, Travis Demeritte, and Mallex Smith. That's not enough for Q but like I said this is what he told me.

I like those three they offer if there was one more key piece like Allard or Maitan

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)

Have to get Maitan in a Q trade.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)

Not a fan of Demeritte and Smith. Smith is a 4th OF. Brings one asset plus plus speed. Doesn't make enough contact and is a low obp. Has a very weak arm in the OF/30 grade arm. Demeritte has plus power, but has huge flaws with making contact and striking out too much. I believe he will not hit enough to be an everyday player.

I think teams like the Braves & Pirates make a ton of sense for Quintana. While he's not as sexy as Sale, he's under control for an additional year at an even lower rate. For teams with a young pitching staffs in need of a veteran anchor, it's hard to find a better fit than Jose. Plus he should be cheaper to acquire than Sale.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 02:16 AM)
Not a fan of Demeritte and Smith. Smith is a 4th OF. Brings one asset plus plus speed. Doesn't make enough contact and is a low obp. Has a very weak arm in the OF/30 grade arm. Demeritte has plus power, but has huge flaws with making contact and striking out too much. I believe he will not hit enough to be an everyday player.

And was just acquired for Harrell

If they took that package for Q, I might actually consider quitting my Sox fandom.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
So you want him as the centerpiece of a Q trade, but don't want him as the #2 in a Sale trade? Just 24 hours ago you were complaining that he was only 16 and a lot can happen during his development...

I read more about him yesterday actually so I'm flip flopping lol sorry