Rumor: Reported Potential Red Sox package for Sale

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
According to Jonah Birenbaum of The Score, a Red Sox deal involving Chris Sale would include Benintendi, Devers, and Kopech.

https://twitter.com/Pete_BBS/status/798949568733966336

Would still need Swihart & either Sam Travis or Luis Alexander Basabe, plus some lower level throw ins.

I figure Swihart is a given throw-in in any deal. If I'm the Sox, the best deal is if I can get other teams to drive price up enough that the Red Sox throw both Benintendi & Moncada in the same deal. I don't know if it will happen, but I'm hoping it gets to that point. This would appear to be the type of market where we could potentially get an overpay, that said, teams are so against giving up their prospects in this day and age. Dombrowski isn't shy.

I don't think the Dodgers will happen (even though they clearly have the parts) because I think Friedman won't have the stones to do what Dombrowski is willing to do. We shall see though.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
Would still need Swihart & either Sam Travis or Luis Alexander Basabe, plus some lower level throw ins.

Give me those three (Benintendi, Devers, Kopech) plus Rodriguez and either Vazquez/Swihart and I will like it.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
According to Jonah Birenbaum of The Score, a Red Sox deal involving Chris Sale would include Benintendi, Devers, and Kopech.

https://twitter.com/Pete_BBS/status/798949568733966336

FWIW: Here is another source that says Boston has pulled Moncada and Kopech off the table in any trades and will not overpay for Sale. There will be numerous unsubstantiated rumors( opinions) every day. I saw somewhere todayon MSN that Yankees top priority is getting Mike Trout.

www.inquisitr.com/.../boston-red-sox-trade-rumors-chris-sale-bidding-war-with-chica...

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
FWIW: Here is another source that says Boston has pulled Moncada and Kopech off the table in any trades and will not overpay for Sale. There will be numerous unsubstantiated rumors( opinions) every day. I saw somewhere todayon MSN that Yankees top priority is getting Mike Trout.

www.inquisitr.com/.../boston-red-sox-trade-rumors-chris-sale-bidding-war-with-chica...

Right. But I didn't want to pollute the Dodgers Sale thread with Boston rumors. So I made this the Boston thread.

I said in another thread that these 3 (benintedni, kopesch, and devers) seem like the most obvious starting point to a deal with Boston. Also, agree that Swihart seems like an obvious change of scenery throw in...that leaves the deal 1 player short in my opinion. Eduardo Rodriguez would be really nice, but I could also see it it being someone like Trey Ball or Brian Johnson.

I'm sorry but i'm not okay with JUST Benetendi, Kopech and Devers for Sale. Perhaps for Quintana I would accept this deal. However, for Sale-- I want Moncada, Devers AND Benetendi. You can keep Kopech. We need position players who can hit. Pitching should be the least of the team's concerns right now.