How would you feel emotionally if/when Sale is traded?

How would you feel if/when Sale is traded?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if/when Sale is traded?

• Ecstatic. You couldn't be happier to have the cancer off the team.
    • Somewhat happy, and hopeful that the return will be worth it.
    • Indifferent. You loved Sale, but are also open to a new chapter.
    • Sad. You loved Sale and hate to see him leave, even if it's for the best.
    • Very sad. You'll be in tears because he's gone.
    • An emotional wreck. You'll sob for weeks and never go outside again.

Definitely bittersweet. I love watching Sale pitch. Easily my favorite, along with vintage Buehrle. It will be a sad day, but hopefully when it happens, we know right away it was a great deal for the Sox.

With Q, I'd be less sad. Love the guy, but I think its a legitimate possibility his value will never be higher.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
Definitely bittersweet. I love watching Sale pitch. Easily my favorite, along with vintage Buehrle. It will be a sad day, but hopefully when it happens, we know right away it was a great deal for the Sox.

With Q, I'd be less sad. Love the guy, but I think its a legitimate possibility his value will never be higher.

You think Sale's value can get higher?

If we get a good return, I won't be all that upset. I wouldn't call him a cancer, but I think he's immature and would probably be a bully to younger guys coming up. And I hate disrespect to the manager and front office.

I'd like to see him in the National league preventing that team on the northside of the city winning multiple championships.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
You think Sale's value can get higher?

Probably not, but maybe. I just think Q has a higher probability of falling off a cliff and becoming a mediocre pitcher. There is no way Sale does that without significant injury. If Sale goes out and wins the CY young next year (definite possibility), I don't think his value takes much hit this year to next, and maybe even improves a bit. But its definitely not going to improve much.

The comment wasn't really meant as a comparison between the two, but rather that I think there is a possibility we'd be selling high on Q.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
If we get a good return, I won't be all that upset. I wouldn't call him a cancer, but I think he's immature and would probably be a bully to younger guys coming up. And I hate disrespect to the manager and front office.

I'd like to see him in the National league preventing that team on the northside of the city winning multiple championships.

Does that affect his trade value???

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
I would say so. I mean would you want a guy embarrassing the team by cutting up uniforms he doesn't want to wear or throwing temper tantrums when his buddies are traded?

When it comes to the top level of professional athletes, it takes a lot to blow their trade value. Most of those things have to do with not being on the field.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
I would say so. I mean would you want a guy embarrassing the team by cutting up uniforms he doesn't want to wear or throwing temper tantrums when his buddies are traded?

He didn't hurt anybody, did he? Those uniforms were a joke. The Sox should have consulted him since he was scheduled to pitch in those awful uniforms. It's his arm. If he's totally uncomfortable it does nobody any good. Didn't he already tell somebody he didn't want to pitch in them?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
He didn't hurt anybody, did he? Those uniforms were a joke. The Sox should have consulted him since he was scheduled to pitch in those awful uniforms. It's his arm. If he's totally uncomfortable it does nobody any good. Didn't he already tell somebody he didn't want to pitch in them?

From my understanding, they knew since last year's game they wore those. I think it was reported that he said he'd never want to wear those while he is pitching. Forgot where it was posted.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)

He's their employee, not an independent contractor.

Only thing i can say definitely is that I gave up emotional attachments to players many years ago so if Sale is indeed traded it won't be a big deal for me. One thing that could twist my knickers is if I personally feel the return was lite. For me, the return package is more important than the fact Sale is traded. Time will tell.

Edited by BlackSox13

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
Just another player, feel nothing for him compared to PK and Buehrle. He is similar to D. Rose where he should have been a legend in Chicago but immaturity got the best of them

You're seriously going to compare cutting some jerseys to an alleged gang rape? C'mon man, you're better than that.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
You're seriously going to compare cutting some jerseys to an alleged gang rape? C'mon man, you're better than that.

i dont think thats the comparison he is making at all. That gang rape allegation/case didnt really happen until Rose was out the door. I think what fathom is talking about it Rose's general ignorance to his importance to the team, how he talked to the media, the "need to go to meetings" type stuff

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Before anyone suggests it, no, he should not get his number retired...ever.

In fact 49 and 23 should be on new players backs in February. Good luck to Sale, but that era of Sox baseball is completely forgettable.

I do agree that it shouldn't be retired and this era is totally unforgettable. However, it's not because of Chris Sale.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
I do agree that it shouldn't be retired and this era is totally unforgettable. However, it's not because of Chris Sale.

Yeah, I mean he's the most talented pitcher in Sox history, but he was also here in an era of Sox history that I just want to forget and move forward.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
Just another player, feel nothing for him compared to PK and Buehrle. He is similar to D. Rose where he should have been a legend in Chicago but immaturity got the best of them

Yep, he gawn and I ain't crying. Well, I am crying tears of joy when I think of the Sox adding another very talented infielder to go with Anderson. Not to mention a high upside arm in Kopech.

I wish Sale the best except for the days he faces the Sox.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:20 PM)
i dont think thats the comparison he is making at all. That gang rape allegation/case didnt really happen until Rose was out the door. I think what fathom is talking about it Rose's general ignorance to his importance to the team, how he talked to the media, the "need to go to meetings" type stuff

Yeah not referring to legal issue at all. More the stuff about not playing so he can walk at his kid's graduation, etc