Millwood From Braves to Phillies

suffering-nomore-sox fan

Good freaking grief. That guy isn't even that talented of a catcher. We could of given them Willie Harris and Josh Paul and I would of been stoked.

This royally pisses me off. We could of had a young pitcher, entering his prime and didn't do it.

Son of a b****. JR, if it was your fault, that you wouldn't add a whopping 4 mill or so to the payroll, then kiss my ass.

That would of given us a damn good rotation and put us back as the favorites in the division.

What a pile of s***.

Absolutely f***ing ridiculous! Ridiculous! We could have given them more than that! This is absolute bulls***! I am more pissed about this than Ortiz. Atleast with Ortiz, the other team gave up a lot. They gave up Johnny Estrada! We could have given them Josh Paul! Holy Hell!

Originally posted by bjmarte

Sounds like Atlanta needed a catcher.  We don't have one to give.

Thats exactly what JR's cheap ass is going to be saying. JR, here's a suggestion, ask the fans if they'd be willing to combine and pay Millwoods salary, cause I'd of put 100 bucks in if it would of allowed the Sox to sign Millwood and Cruz Jr.

We need New OWNERSHIP!!!!

It took me this to do it for me. I'd always wanted a new owner, but I have always thought these things as rational as I could and could see points, but I see no point to this, other then simple and uttery cheapness and JR's lack of desire to win.

He would of easily made the money back. Common sense says if the Sox win cause you spend an extra 7 million you will reap the benefits in the end. JR mustn't of read what the Angels and Giants got for going to the Series. Well..that or he just looked and said thats too expensive, then the fans will expect that out of me everyyear.

I am so f***ing mad!!!!!!!!!

Tell me we couldnt offer the Braves anything better. I know it came down to JR and KW not wanting to spend money. f*** them we really need new ownership. They are too busy trying to keep Todd f***ing Ritchie and there was Milwood available. What the f***!!!!! I have planned on going to lots of games this year but I dont know if I want to go anymore. Is there a way to send our angers to KW and JR? Milwood can put as to the top and they didnt do anything. Now I know we wont get anybody else that can make us contenders this year and years from now. Phillies got Milwood for nothing!!!!

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Their is only one think this comes down to.  Jerry f***ing Reinsdorf.

Absolutely ridiculous...bulls***!!!!!!

You are finally starting to see the light grasshopper. I'm done getting pissed about stuff like this. It has become commonplace. This team is one move away from me boycotting Comiskey until KW no longer GM's the team and JR no longer owns it. It wouldn't surprise me one bit though if Millwood told his agent to not even consider the White Sox given JR's history and public opinion about pitchers.

3 things -

Millwood is expected to make $10 million in arbitration this season according to mlb.com, and if we're only trading players making the minimum - that's a $9-10 million addition.

Scott Boras is his agent.

What are the Braves thinking trading him to the Phillies who are now the favorite in the NL East thanks to the Braves?

Originally posted by rt59_bnsf

What are the Braves thinking trading him to the Phillies who are now the favorite in the NL East thanks to the Braves?

i can't quite call them favorite in the East. not with the pitching staffs that the braves and mets are rounding up. i still call the braves the favorite in the East. i also think the phillies can't compete since losing the difference maker in Rolen. my 2 cents.

Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko

i can't quite call them favorite in the East. not with the pitching staffs that the braves and mets are rounding up. i still call the braves the favorite in the East. i also think the phillies can't compete since losing the difference maker in Rolen. my 2 cents.

I disagree. I thnik the Phils are now the frontrunner. Sure they lost Rolen, but Abreu, Thome, and Burrell is quite a heart of the order, especially if Abreu bounces back. Throw in David Bell, Lieberthal, Rollins, Polanco(or Anderson), and either Byrd, or Michaels and thats a nice looking lineup.

And now add in Millwood, to Padilla, Wolf, Myers, Duckworth, Smith (one of them won't make the starting rotation) and their rotation has the potential to be good.

3 things - 

Millwood is expected to make $10 million in arbitration this season according to mlb.com, and if we're only trading players making the minimum - that's a $9-10 million addition.

Scott Boras is his agent.

Seriously, you speak the truth! Some people see news and all the sudden they are pissed off as all hell without even knowing the facts. $10 million is Ivan Rodriguez money and nobody will pay HIM that much. I certainly hope nobody expected us to pay that for Millwood.