Rangers prospect facing charges

southsider2k5

Dude, you could have added the names so I didnt' have to click through. I really didn't want to click through.

Among those expected to be charged are the younger brother of Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor, also named Rougned, and Yohel Pozo, a top catching prospect, both 19 years old. The players facing potential charges have been told not to leave the country, according to sources.

Video of the alleged assault, which took place toward the end of October, was captured and posted on Snapchat, according to sources. A 10-second clip of video, obtained by Yahoo Sports, shows the alleged victim in a Rangers shirt and Rangers shorts laying on a bed with his arms held behind his back and his legs pinned down. At least four men are seen in addition to the alleged victim, whose penis is exposed, grabbed and maneuvered underneath a hand towel. All of the men in the video, including the alleged victim, are seen laughing.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
I'm confused about the circumstances. Are they there for winter league? Are they guys who played stateside in the summer? I'm assuming most/all live in DR, but it sounds like they were with the club.

That is what confuses you about this?

:huh:

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
I'm confused about the circumstances. Are they there for winter league? Are they guys who played stateside in the summer? I'm assuming most/all live in DR, but it sounds like they were with the club.

It was at a Rangers owned facility in the Dominican. So I'm assuming all Rangers prospects playing winter ball? But still....1 of the weirder stories I've ever read in my life.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
It's pretty messed up and disgraceful from "professionals" but these are teenagers and boys will be boys.

That is not "boys being boys" that's sickening. Boys being boys tease each other over small things like sports or what they're wearing. They're not masturbating each other.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
There's a saying in baseball clubhouses, "Don't shower with the Dominicans." They don't have the homophobic society America does and they like to mess around.

SMH

So are you saying that most Dominicans wouldn't find this behavior weird and would approve? I doubt it.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
There's a saying in baseball clubhouses, "Don't shower with the Dominicans." They don't have the homophobic society America does and they like to mess around.

Homophobic? Gender is irrelevant here, these players committed sexual assault.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
What? Homophobia is not gender specific.

By law, in America at least, they committed sexual assault. I don't know the law in DR but we'll see if the laughing victim presses charges on his friends.

What I meant is that it doesn't matter that they're all the same gender. It's still sexual assault.