SOURCE: 2 horse race between Dodgers and Astros

Carpe Diem

In regards for the Sale derby.

Red Sox actually appear to be telling the truth when they say they won't pony up the price it would take to get Sale.

Apparently Bregman and Springer are being dangled (not together) but the team still would ideally prefer trading him to the NL.

Take this with a grain of salt if you want, but my source has been right about everything he has said so far dating back to 2014.

Edited by Carpe Diem

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)

Red Sox actually appear to be telling the truth when they say they won't pony up the price it would take to get Sale.

Apparently Bregman and Springer are being dangled (not together) but the team still would ideally prefer trading him to the NL.

Take this with a grain of salt if you want, but my source has been right about everything he has said so far dating back to 2014.

Bregman please.

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)

Good. I'd be happy with a Dodger package including Urias and Bellenger +++ or an Astros package with Bregman ++++ or Springer +++++. I bet the Red Sox change their tune and come in with an offer last minute when they see we aren't balking.

Edit: is your source someone who is also employed part time as a circus act?

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Appreciate sharing the news. Any word on who the Dodgers are dangling? Any word on if the package is just Sale or if Frazier and/oor Robertson are included as well?

No problem, apparently any prospect on the Dodgers is available. So the "Urias is off limits" fuzz is just that. However, I was told that if the Dodgers include Urias they are not keen on including Bellinger, but that was just for Sale straight up. If White Sox added more I'm sure Bellinger would be added. Only other name that was mentioned is Calhoun ( White Sox//Kenny Williams love him)

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
No problem, apparently any prospect on the Dodgers is available. So the "Urias is off limits" fuzz is just that. However, I was told that if the Dodgers include Urias they are not keen on including Bellinger, but that was just for Sale straight up. If White Sox added more I'm sure Bellinger would be added. Only other name that was mentioned is Calhoun ( White Sox//Kenny Williams love him)

Yuck

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)

Want Bregman

Don't want Springer. Springer with his tools and high Ks is probably a KW guy...Stay out of it, KW.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
agreed, but that is not to say there aren't other prospects that the White Sox covet. He was just the name that was thrown out to me, and I can't say I was surprised by it lol

It doesn't surprise me at all. It's just sad, the Sox continually trying to acquire the same type of players who have failed time and time again under the KW regime. A no-glove 2B who slashed .254/.318/.469 at AA, regardless of the 27 HR and 88 RBI. Geez. Take someone who is further away like Lux over Calhoun. I'd rather see what Saladino, Sanchez, or Lawrie could do.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Would you guys prefer Bregman or Springer as the headliner?

Bregman, younger and more years of control- and extremely talented.

But I like the way the Sox match up with LA better for a monster haul.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)
Would you guys prefer Bregman or Springer as the headliner?

Bregman for the simple fact of more service time. It wouldn't matter as much if we were the Yankees or Cubs or Dodgers but we aren't. Abreu's 68 million is still the largest comtract in Sox history.

Edited by Ro Da Don

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Bregman, younger and more years of control- and extremely talented.

But I like the way the Sox match up with LA better for a monster haul.

I like the way we match up with the Dodgers farm and perhaps their secondary needs for a monster haul.

But the Astros front office is a much better match up with the Sox.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Who knows. Maybe Sale goes to the Astros and Dodgers get desperate for Q.

Fingers crossed. If we were able to get Urias in a Q deal, that's already a wash for us. + whatever else we were able to grab.

QUOTE (Carpe Diem @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)

The thing about Calhoun is the least surprising thing ever. I said last night the Sox are probably falling in love with some of these Dodgers guys simply because they're around them all the time in Glendale, and being on the same AFL team as the Sox. I could totally see KW getting tunnel vision on Calhoun among other Dodger guys. Hope he's right.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
There is a zero chance that any Chris Sale deal doesn't involve liberal input from not only Kenny Williams, but JR as well.

This is so true. People may not like KW much but I think trades like this especially involve multiple layers of management input. I just hope that if we do in fact trade Sale that the Sox go GREEDY when demanding a return and stay firm.

I'm not surprised re: DD and BoSox. For all the talk about how aggressive he is, almost all of his blockbusters were with teams where he used his $$ advantage to make the deal.

With the white sox and Sale, there is no real money advantage. We aren't moving Sale because we can't re-sign him or is too expensive, we're moving him because we won't be good enough soon enough to build around him without using him as the resource to fill up our system.