SOURCE: 2 horse race between Dodgers and Astros

Carpe Diem

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
That's the problem with the Rangers' deal.

They don't want to give up Odor because they need him for 2017, and Profar has fewer years of control as well. Then you run into the fact that they can't easily afford to part with Mazara, either. Too many pieces off the major league team, and not enough enticing minor league prospects at the lower levels.

Trading for Gallo is the equivalent of the LaPorta/Sabathia deal way back in the day. They not only need hitting, but players who can hit and field their position at an above average level simultaneously.

Gallo's value is in the toilet right now, the Rangers should have sold high when they had the chance.

Looking at his minor league stats he murdered the ball at low and AA, but once he got to AAA he could not consistently hit at all. His 17 game mlb showing this year ended up with a .040 batting average and completely tanked his value.

I don't see Texas having enough to offer in a Sale deal to entice the White Sox. Mazara is a below average defender and graded out a replacement level this season with a 0.4 WAR...not exactly a future star.

Odor's below average defense resulted in only a 2.4 WAR season...not earth shattering as well. I see better packages coming from elsewhere

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Gallo's value is in the toilet right now, the Rangers should have sold high when they had the chance.

Looking at his minor league stats he murdered the ball at low and AA, but once he got to AAA he could not consistently hit at all. His 17 game mlb showing this year ended up with a .040 batting average and completely tanked his value.

I don't see Texas having enough to offer in a Sale deal to entice the White Sox. Mazara is a below average defender and graded out a replacement level this season with a 0.4 WAR...not exactly a future star.

Odor's below average defense resulted in only a 2.4 WAR season...not earth shattering as well. I see better packages coming from elsewhere

I wonder how Odor's arm is. He definitely has enough power for 3B.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
I wonder how Odor's arm is. He definitely has enough power for 3B.

Odor is a below average fielder at 2B...I do not have confidence in him playing 3B defensively.

I do not regard Odor as highly as most because he rarely walks which leads to poor on base percentages

Without quality defense, I don't see Odor consistently getting on base enough to justify trading for

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
Odor is a below average fielder at 2B...I do not have confidence in him playing 3B defensively.

I do not regard Odor as highly as most because he rarely walks which leads to poor on base percentages

Without quality defense, I don't see Odor consistently getting on base enough to justify trading for

I'm with you. Besides the D and lack of OBP, the kid is clearly a maniac judging by his Minor League and Major League brawls, as well as his brother (also named Roughned Odor) being part of that sexual abuse/assult scandal. There's a screw loose somewhere in there, maybe genetically.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)

So in other words he's the stereotypical White Sox player

Was reported by Heyman today that it's down to FIVE teams primarily - of which the Dodgers are not included. He goes on to name like 4 more teams. So it's not new news - however this is exactly why nobody can trust someone with 6 posts.

I'd ask that poster if he's willing to bet on his own rumor or source. I'd think no.

The contender that "needs" Sale the most is the Astros. Ok by me if Sox move off of Bregman, IF Astros have 2 elite prospects; they've got the depth to fill in the rest of the trade, but they may be light on elite.

Second I suppose is the Redsox. They've seemed like the easiest to concoct a deal, at least on paper.

The Nationals have a strong staff; that coupled with Rizzo as GM and I don't see them ever offering enough.

I can't see the Cardinals; not sure they have any elite prospect; all trade proposals I've see are centered around their young decliners and spare parts.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Has anyone been consistently right on their predictions this off-season?

Out of all the predictions this guy made...

1. Do you think he was actually being serious?

2. Do you think he'll show his face around here again?

If you've come to the conclusion like I have that all the answers are no then you'll realize he was a troll.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Has anyone been consistently right on their predictions this off-season?

They weren't predictions, they were him claiming he had a source/inside information with an impeccable record. Don't know why anyone took him seriously, especially after the Obama posts.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
Out of all the predictions this guy made...

1. Do you think he was actually being serious?

2. Do you think he'll show his face around here again?

If you've come to the conclusion like I have that all the answers are no then you'll realize he was a troll.

LMAO