White Sox to Move Eaton?

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
I think we can get a solid package, but I don't really see teams paying up for Eaton like a franchise-changing player.

I guess the thing about Eaton to Washington is that they're looking for a CF. Could Eaton do that, or is he better in RF?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
Why keep a player on a team that wouldn't want to be there?

How do you know for certain he does not want to be here?

Frankly, it doesn't matter. He is under contract for 5 years, so his opinion is moot

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
How do you know for certain he does not want to be here?

Frankly, it doesn't matter. He is under contract for 5 years, so his opinion is moot

That's a continuing of the 2016 issues with players clashing with the FO. That needs to end...that's cancerous activity in any clubhouse.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
I guess the thing about Eaton to Washington is that they're looking for a CF. Could Eaton do that, or is he better in RF?

To be fair, McCutchen has been garbage in CF recently. Eaton would be the same if not better - with 3 more years of control to boot.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
That's a continuing of the 2016 issues with players clashing with the FO. That needs to end...that's cancerous activity in any clubhouse.

Frankly, I'd rather the Sox have a roster full of guys who could play who thought KW was an asshole, vs. guys who couldn't play and thought it was sure damn nice KW gave them a contract.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
To be fair, McCutchen has been garbage in CF recently. Eaton would be the same if not better - with 3 more years of control to boot.

I feel like a 28 year old Eaton under control for 5 years would be a safer bet than McCutchen at age 30 under control for two more

McCutchen was awful defensively this year and Pittsburgh needs to sell him off now before he loses any more value. Sure, he could be great again, but the trend does not look good

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
I could see Eaton going to upper management and saying he wanted to be dealt if we decide to do a rebuild and trade Sale + others.

I could see him having a public meltdown, and not having the sense to privately going to management to request to leave.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
I feel like a 28 year old Eaton under control for 5 years would be a safer bet than McCutchen at age 30 under control for two more

McCutchen was awful defensively this year and Pittsburgh needs to sell him off now before he loses any more value. Sure, he could be great again, but the trend does not look good

Yeah, I think Cutch is headed in the wrong direction. Defensively he's fallen off, his WAR has fallen for 4 straight years (including a -0.7 WAR in 2016), and rising K rates each of those years. They may have missed their best possible return on him by a year.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Yeah, I think Cutch is headed in the wrong direction. Defensively he's fallen off, his WAR has fallen for 4 straight years (including a -0.7 WAR in 2016), and rising K rates each of those years. They may have missed their best possible return on him by a year.

Maybe but by rumors they will still do pretty good.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Wonder if the nats go hard and try to get Sale and Eaton, Turner, Giolito, Robles +++

Eh, personally I'd rather see our big guys traded seperately rather than packaged to one team, unless it's someone with an extremely deep farm. The Nats farm isn't overly exciting to me after the obvious 4 or so guys + Sweet TreaT and Joe Ross/AJ Cole.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Wonder if the nats go hard and try to get Sale and Eaton, Turner, Giolito, Robles +++

I would rather deal them separately if possible.

I don't know if I can even come up with a package that I would accept from Washington for Sale AND Eaton

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
i wouldn't be surprised.

sell high.

clubhouse lawyer. Prone to injuries.

heard he asked to move his locker to a different spot last season because everything wasn't peachy keen in his area.

Good tidbit.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Gotta trade them separately unless MLB players are coming back.

Cabrera, Frazier and Robertson are all more likely to be traded than Eaton this offseason.

Unless they get a stupid offer he will be your right fielder for years