Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
Bob NightengaleVerified account

‏@BNightengale

The #Nats are actually trying to trade for Chris Sale AND Andrew McCutchen and believe they have the prospects to pull off both trades.

at least they believe it...

It's possible...IF they are willing to trade Turner.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
Bob Nightengale‏ @BNightengale

The #Nats are actually trying to trade for Chris Sale AND Andrew McCutchen and believe they have the prospects to pull off both trades.

Wat. How.

Unless Turner is involved good luck with that

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
Bob NightengaleVerified account

‏@BNightengale

at least they believe it...

:lol:

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
I think they'll ship out some excess pitching to make it happen. Ross in particular, plus Gio/Roark should net a good return in this market. Could be a 3-team deal for Sale even, Hahn loves those.

They also might dangle Espinosa, with the same goal.

I was thinking the same.

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
I think they'll ship out some excess pitching to make it happen. Ross in particular, plus Gio/Roark should net a good return in this market. Could be a 3-team deal for Sale even, Hahn loves those.

They also might dangle Espinosa, with the same goal.

Maybe Ross/Gio, Robles, Giolito ++ and then turn around and deal Ross/Gio for prospects

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
JJ Cooper‏ @jjcoop36

Hmm, Lopez/Robles/Giolito/Fedde/Kieboom/Dunning/Neuse/Stevenson...Still hard to see how they could do both, but Nats are creative.

Fine, I'll bite:

Pirates get:

Giolito

Espinoza

Lopez

Gio Gonzalez

Nationals Get:

Sale

Robertson

Cutch

White Sox Get:

Turner, Glasnow, Robles, Feede, Bell, Stevenson

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
Fine, I'll bite:

Pirates get:

Giolito

Espinoza

Lopez

Gio Gonzalez

Nationals Get:

Sale

Robertson

Cutch

White Sox Get:

Turner, Glasnow, Robles, Feede, Bell, Stevenson

Washington would be insane to do that.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
Adding those 3 pieces virtually guarantees them a trip to the NLCS. They're in a position to compete, not worry about prospects.

I don't think Cutch is an upgrade over Turner looking to next year. So they'd literally sell their top 5 prospects plus Turner and Gio off their roster? I mean, I would take it but I can't see it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
All depends if they're willing to give up Turner, which I seriously doubt.

Question for you...obviously TT had a hell of a half-season, but what do we think his ceiling really is?

Is he really the kind of player he showed himself to be last year in 73 games?

Just looking at the Nats' lineup, it seems that they really need Turner.

The Astros, in contrast, seem that they could cover Bergman's spot with other players.

Regardless, there aren't many "can't miss" prospects (basically Turner, Swanson, Bregman and I guess Benintendi belongs in that category).

If Hahn has to move off one of those, which I suspect he will, I really hope he is willing to take more prospects (elite ones) rather than taking more established major leaguers (Springer, Odor) so that this org can be properly rebuilt.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Question for you...obviously TT had a hell of a half-season, but what do we think his ceiling really is?

Is he really the kind of player he showed himself to be last year in 73 games?

I don't think the HRs are legit, but the rest of his game appears to be. We're talking about a potential All-Star SS or CF and it could happen in the very near future. I would expect some regression/struggles next year, which is the only reason they may consider trading him, but personally I think his ceiling & floor are both too high to move.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)
I don't think the HRs are legit, but the rest of his game appears to be. We're talking about a potential All-Star SS or CF and it could happen in the very near future. I would expect some regression/struggles next year, which is the only reason they may consider trading him, but personally I think his ceiling & floor are both too high to move.

I think All-Star is an understatement...the numbers he put up last year are HOF type numbers. Obviously I get it's just a half season, but that kind of speed and power, along with that type of batting average is pretty unheard of. Say he comes down to earth and becomes a 12-18 homer guy...if he hits .315 with 40-50 SB for the next several years...that's Rickey Henderson-esque.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)
I think All-Star is an understatement...the numbers he put up last year are HOF type numbers. Obviously I get it's just a half season, but that kind of speed and power, along with that type of batting average is pretty unheard of. Say he comes down to earth and becomes a 12-18 homer guy...if he hits .315 with 40-50 SB for the next several years...that's Rickey Henderson-esque.

I'm actually fine with keeping sale if the offers aren't good enough. We can always put him on the block at the deadline and see what a contender would offer.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
Just looking at the Nats' lineup, it seems that they really need Turner.

The Astros, in contrast, seem that they could cover Bergman's spot with other players.

Regardless, there aren't many "can't miss" prospects (basically Turner, Swanson, Bregman and I guess Benintendi belongs in that category).

If Hahn has to move off one of those, which I suspect he will, I really hope he is willing to take more prospects (elite ones) rather than taking more established major leaguers (Springer, Odor) so that this org can be properly rebuilt.

There are still packages out there I would take without a true untouchable. The Nationals could build something around Giolito, Robles, & Lopez. The Astros could build something around Martes, Reed, & Tucker. Obviously I'd prefer getting a package headlined by a Bregman or Benintendi, and would push hard for it if I was Hahn, but the packages mentioned above would still be wins for us IMO. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one though.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm actually fine with keeping sale if the offers aren't good enough. We can always put him on the block at the deadline and see what a contender would offer.

Yes, I wish more fans thought this way. We all want this rebuild to commence immediately and with a bang, but trading him next season is certainly an option. It's not now or never. It's now or anytime during the next year give or take.