Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
Ken RosenthalVerified account

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals. Robles, Giolito would go to #WhiteSox. Teams haggling over final pieces in deal.

In no Turner, I think they need one of Lopez/Fedde, and then 2 more prospects to make that deal fair

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
Oh he's the absolute best. What a fabulous movie and to think Tim Burton doesn't even think it's that good.

Tim Burton's one weird dude...it's a good thing he is though

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
I like Chuck, but Rosenthal is the best in the business.

The funny thing is the Rosenthal/Heyman reports are clearly direct Sox leaks to induce bidding so either Garfein has a very truthful, lower level source or a bad one.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
So...one of the best pitchers in the game on the best contract in the game for...2 pitching prospects?

Am I missing something? That seems horrendous unless both of those prospects become 1/2 level instantly when they hit the majors.

Robles is a CF with superstar potential, while Giolito has legit ace upside. Both guys are universally considered top 10 to 15 prospects. And just for reference, he are some familiar names from BA's midseaon top 100 list:

1. Moncada

4. Giolito

5. Turner

7. Swanson

8. Bregman

9. Benintendi

13. Robles

People keep saying they need a Turner, Benintendi, or Bregman headliner, but I'd argue that Giolito & Robles are basically on that same level just with more downside risk. Regardless, the only pair of prospects that would be a better get would be Moncada & Benintendi. If Hahn pulls this off with at least one of Lopez/Fedde and some other positional pieces in the package, I will beyond f***ing ecstatic.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
So no sleep tonight right?

It may or may not be one of those nights. I do know that the Sox like to make some late night splashes at times... these GMs like to take advantage of every second of time they have at the Winter Meetings.

Regardless, my 6 pack is ready to be consumed.