Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
Rutherford would be a nice add.

Absolutely. I wanted to Sox to take him in the draft. That's the type of player we need for the future. He's in that Kyle Tucker/Devers group for me of guys who will just hit.

It seems like the hang up is that the Sox are asking for at least one "untouchable" prospect + in exchange for Sale. Which team below will cave first?

Astros have to give up Bregman + or no dice

Nationals have to give up Turner + or no dice

Braves have to give up Swanson + or no dice

Boston has to give up Moncada/Benitendi + or no dice

I'm guessing that no one caves and Sale isn't dealt.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Let's say Washington hypothetically got Rutherford from the Yankees and included him in a Sale package. What would you guys say to this?

Sale for Giolito, Robles, Rutherford, Stevenson, Severino, and Fedde.

I'm pulling the trigger on that all day. That's equal to Moncada or Benientendi/Devers/Kopech or Groome for me unless the Red Sox back end pieces were superior.

Let's say Washington hypothetically got Rutherford from the Yankees and included him in a Sale package. What would you guys say to this?

I can't imagine Gio nets Rutherford.

But obviously would be stoked for that package.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
Absolutely. I wanted to Sox to take him in the draft. That's the type of player we need for the future. He's in that Kyle Tucker/Devers group for me of guys who will just hit.

I know he got injured, but I was very surprised that the White Sox passed on Kyle Lewis for Collins. Time will tell, but I really liked his power

Rutherford is a long way off making the majors, his ETA is 2020. That was too far out for the Sox to consider drafting him I think

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I know he got injured, but I was very surprised that the White Sox passed on Kyle Lewis for Collins. Time will tell, but I really liked his power

Rutherford is a long way off making the majors, his ETA is 2020. That was too far out for the Sox to consider drafting him I think

At this point I have to assume anyone the Mariners draft is going to be out of league in 4 years. Just a brutal stretch for them.

Probably, but keep Stevenson and Feede and give me Lopez and higher upside but further away bat. Someone like Soto.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)

I like Rutherford a lot too (not as much as Moniak), he really suffered from severe prospect fatigue.

Three way trade stolen from poster jonathanrod on SSS that I like a lot and is probably unrealistic from Rockies (but they are the PERFECT team to stretch out for a run)

Rockies get:

Abreu

Giolito

White sox get:

Robles

Rodgers

Ramel Tapia

Erik Feede

Carter Kieboom

Nick Banks

Forrest Wall

Kyle Freeland

Nats get:

Robertson

Sale

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
I can't imagine Gio nets Rutherford.

But obviously would be stoked for that package.

The Yankees have a very enviable farm system right now, and not just in the top 10

They have really great depth throughout the system with interesting prospects. Hell their #20 overall prospect Montgomery had a great season and could profile as a #4 or #5th starter soon.

I would not be shocked at all to see the Yankees absolutely stacked in 2-3 years, especially with a few trades/free agent pick ups

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
Three way trade stolen from poster jonathanrod on SSS that I like a lot and is probably unrealistic from Rockies (but they are the PERFECT team to stretch out for a run)

Rockies get:

Abreu

Giolito

White sox get:

Robles

Rodgers

Ramel Tapia

Erik Feede

Carter Kieboom

Nick Banks

Forrest Wall

Kyle Freeland

Nats get:

Robertson

Sale

I don't like that for the Sox at all.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)

Rockies get:

Abreu

Giolito

White sox get:

Robles

Rodgers

Ramel Tapia

Erik Feede

Carter Kieboom

Nick Banks

Forrest Wall

Kyle Freeland

Nats get:

Robertson

Sale

Wow, what a mega blockbuster. Although honestly Rodgers and Giolito might be a prospect wash and I feel like Tapia, Wall and Freeland is not necessarily the best offer we could get for Abreu

Wall's defense is flat out bad, and I am not sure the hit tool makes up enough for it.

That would jump start a rebuild for sure though

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
Rumors of the Nats trading Gio to the Yankees. Maybe Rizzo needs the prospects to complete the Sale trade.

I have kept the Yankees in the back of my head as a possibility for a reason just like this. They would love a real ace.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman 6m6 minutes ago

Sense here this morning is #WhiteSox are comfortable dragging out Sale talks, want to see if any other clubs can top #Nats offer.

Yup.

Typical Hahn move, he never makes a deal to make to a deal, he lets the market come to him.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
I don't like that for the Sox at all.

After looking at it again, I'm not sure I like it all that much either

Abreu should net more than Tapia, Wall and Freeland. I'm not high on Wall. Abreu should get the Sox at least one top 50 prospect, plus two more decent prospects

Flipping Giolito for Rodgers is a wash

You are essentially dealing Sale for less

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 28s28 seconds ago

Want to make this clear: #Nationals are not out on Sale. But #RedSox appear stronger at moment.

Screw the Nationals. I hate their team, their GM, and their prospects with the exception of Robles.