Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Giolito's stock really plummeted after he was awful in 4 starts last year. He's got the tools, but who knows if it'll translate well to the Majors.

How does a 21 year old's stock plummet in 4 MLB starts??

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
Rosenthal said they're negotiating the other pieces. Plural. I'll trust Rosenthal over Bowden.

Lopez would be a great piece. Fedde has back of the rotation potential, kieboom would be an interesting young player to add, Ross is a possibility...

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
I would be pissed if the final piece is a low minor league player

We all should be. I have beat the "be reasonable" drum, but no three minor leaguers = Sale. This is a promising framework though.

Edit: as we all have been, be skeptical of Bowden.

Edited by bmags

I agree that there has to be more to the deal. Maybe Tanner Roark gets thrown into it. But Robles and Giolito are two consensus top 15 prospects. That is a really good place to start.

If I was the White Sox, I am totally leaking this deal. It only ups the price from the other teams involved.

It certainly is not coming from the Nationals as why would they want that information getting out.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
And still none of what you said changes that their best piece is still Turner. The Sox are not the ones who would be closing off and rushing negotiations when they fail to include that.

Trea Turner is a 5 WAR position player that they need on their big league team. He was an unrealistic get.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Velocity down and command brutal. Also believe his mechanics were messed up

Regardless of the outcome or what happened, that is a miniscule sample size to make an elite prospect's stock plummet at the ripe age of 21.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
Rosenthal said they're negotiating the other pieces. Plural. I'll trust Rosenthal over Bowden.

Fedde, Lopez, or Ross.

2 out of 3 have to be the 3rd and 4th piece to me.

I'll even add a reliever like Robertson, Jennings, Petricka.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Giolito's stock really plummeted after he was awful in 4 starts last year. He's got the tools, but who knows if it'll translate well to the Majors.

Realistically the kid has pitched 37 IP at AAA, and 21 at MLB. He was disgusting at AAA, and struggled with control at MLB. It is kind of similar to the arc that Rodon took after he got to the high minors. Rodon also had the same control and repeatability problems, so it isn't surprising to see a guy with a similar ceiling and stuff have the same struggles. The kid has an ace top. Not many pitchers can say that, especially after they are have gotten this far.

If the Nationals are putting that high of stock into that, and that is why he is available, well then the next question is, do you trust your scouts, and your ability to develop front line pitchers? For my two cents if Don Cooper looks at the guy and sees a super start pitcher, that is all I need to hear. Then you move on to Robles, and filling in the deal behind him.