Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

I think best case scenario for the Nats is a 3 team deal where they unload Gio Gonzalez to another team for a hitting prospect or 2 that we get in return. Not sure what the value of Gio is nowadays tho...

Nats Receive- Chris Sale

Nats Trade- Robles, Giolito, Andrew Stevenson, Lopez, and Gio Gonzalez

(hypothetical)Yankees Receive- Gio

Yankees Trade- Miguel Andujar and Dustin Fowler

White Sox Receive- Robles, Giolito, Lopez, Stevenson, Andujar, and Fowler

White Sox Trade- Chris Sale

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
The stat doesn't, but 7 WAR players sure do. If that's what they think they have in Turner, they're not going to trade him plus top prospects for Sale.

I agree that Turner plus is not realistic but Turner should be in the conversation.

With Sale, Washington's rotation would be insane.

You put in a Robertson or Jones in the deal to increase the quantity to go along with Turner.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
There was an article by a Washington Beat Writer that was suggesting they are trying to go after both players without giving up Robles and Turner. I have no idea how that's possible.

Yeah, maybe if they part with a piece or two from their MLB roster.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Yeah, maybe if they part with a piece or two from their MLB roster.

I found it

"Yes, but the Nationals’ continued pursuit indicates that they believe they can get one or both players without conceding Turner or even Robles."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationa...m=.f100706da2f8

They may believe that but it's not going to happen.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
It could be that they won't include Robles in a McCutchen deal but would in a Sale deal.

He specifically mentions no Robles in the McCutchen trade but then there's that sentence that I posted. Makes it seem they are trying to keep Turner and Robles then decimate the rest of their farm. It's not possible.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
He specifically mentions no Robles in the McCutchen trade but then there's that sentence that I posted. Makes it seem they are trying to keep Turner and Robles then decimate the rest of their farm. It's not possible.

Yeah, all the actual info on Robles seems to be vis-a-vis McCutchen. Seems like some of these articles are then extrapolating out that they won't deal him for Sale. Might not be the case.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)

The way that is written though reads that it is the writers inference that the Nationals pursuit of both at once makes it seem they can get both without giving up either.

That is a stupid way to analyze.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)

Another possibility could be the Pirates don't want Robles in the trade but instead want a different headliner.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Another possibility could be the Pirates don't want Robles in the trade but instead want a different headliner.

McCutchen is not going to net the Pirates a better prospect than Robles, and I have my doubts Washington wants to part with a prospect like Robles for him with only two years of control left

I see Washington being able to offer Ross, Giolito, Robles + two more pieces for Sale. The front office will have to think hard about that offer.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago

Nats are said to stepping for Sale. Meeting this aft. Red Sox are involved, and others, too.

Things are heating up!

I'm guessing the public negotiating is about to pickup.

I have a meeting today until 5pm CST. Can we all agree to keep the internet quiet until then?

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago

Nats are said to stepping for Sale. Meeting this aft. Red Sox are involved, and others, too.

Things are heating up!

LET'S $#@$^$ GO!!!

Stepping up means you put Turner, Giolito/Robles and drop your brass balls on the table.

Rizzo on MLB network now and just basically said Turner isn't untouchable. Before I get anyone's hopes up he also said they're planning on having him for the future...

But he said something to the extent of "that's not to say there isn't a trade out there that would require him in a deal"

Would still be shocked to see him traded but interesting nonetheless.

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
Rizzo on MLB network now and just basically said Turner isn't untouchable. Before I get anyone's hopes up he also said they're planning on having him for the future...

But he said something to the extent of "that's not to say there isn't a trade out there that would require him in a deal"

Would still be shocked to see him traded but interesting nonetheless.

I smell a mega deal for Sale and Eaton...