Sox evidently warming to rebuild

Whisox05

Thought this post deserved its own thread. Not saying it needs to be mega, but pretty noteworthy as you combined this report with a different report from Olney, which mentioned the frontoffice is warming to the idea of moving Sale and it would appear that there are more and more people buying into the rebuild philosphy. That said, until some moves are made, none of us really know what exactly is going on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
Thought this post deserved its own thread. Not saying it needs to be mega, but pretty noteworthy as you combined this report with a different report from Olney, which mentioned the frontoffice is warming to the idea of moving Sale and it would appear that there are more and more people buying into the rebuild philosphy. That said, until some moves are made, none of us really know what exactly is going on.

Chuck garfien put out a tweet of Reinsdorf saying why sales value is so high for trading and wanting multiple cant miss prospects back

This is all just talk and speculation. There will never be a total tear down as long as JR and KW are around. The Sox will continue down the same rebuilding on the fly path that has failed miserably for the last 5-6 years. Pains me to say it but it is very hard to teach an old dog any new tricks.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
So what's new here? They've been talking about this for weeks now.

Does it mean they are open to trading Q and Eaton now too?

Talk means nothing. Action speaks louder then words. Right now, none of us know what is going on. We also aren't in the trade discussion and the Sox can't stay in-between. Who is to say they don't have a directive that we either move X and Y by the winter meetings or if the market doesn't look to fit a rebuild, we turn around and go for it again? I'm not saying there is fact in that, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the organization.

Rick Hahn stresses patience: "Not something I would expect to be completed while we are here in its entirety. It’s going to be a process."

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/805917231255326720

Rick Hahn: "There’s no need for player X to move before player y if we get to the right price point on any given deal." #WhiteSox

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/805917382128664576

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Some good Hahn quotes on Twitter about the current approach. Would post them if I wasn't at work. Sure sounds like a rebuild.

It certainly did.

But based on his words, there are a lot of other guys he can move...hard to believe he can't get a fair price on any of them.

Hey guys, Nite from Oak Lawn; first time caller, longtime listener. One deal I think they should make is Robertson for Soler if the Cubs are willing. They have a logjam in the OF, Soler needs to play everyday, Cubs need a closer, but don't want to break the bank on the Jansen/Chapmans of the world. To me, it makes too much sense. I'll hang up and listen.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Merkin tweets: Rick did not come out and flat say White Sox are rebuilding but White Sox are rebuilding.

Last time I checked, JR was still the Chairman and KW was still the vice president. Those dudes are calling the shots on the Sox direction not Mr. Hahn. It seems to me like the Sox have no interest in a total rebuild.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Hey guys, Nite from Oak Lawn; first time caller, longtime listener. One deal I think they should make is Robertson for Soler if the Cubs are willing. They have a logjam in the OF, Soler needs to play everyday, Cubs need a closer, but don't want to break the bank on the Jansen/Chapmans of the world. To me, it makes too much sense. I'll hang up and listen.

No trades with the Cubs, especially not shoring up their major weakness for Avi Garcia 2.0.