Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

Apparently the guy who broke the Thornburg trade has some info about a potential framework with the Red Sox for Sale.

This is the link that was provided but the "source" edited his post to remove the info: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/view...c&start=570

We're left with either a rumor that was BS, or a rumor that he was told to delete because it wasn't supposed to be leaked. I'm hoping for the latter, because anything that's not supposed to be leaked by another team should only help our team in negotiations. Let this rumor be spread!!!

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
He deleted it so I am guessing he found out it was BS.

I was thinking either that, or his source told him to remove the info? I mean, why would he be getting good info about the Thornburg trade and then bad info about a Sale push. I think the source maybe had to backtrack a little bit because this wasn't supposed to be leaked.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
I was thinking either that, or his source told him to remove the info? I mean, why would he be getting good info about the Thornburg trade and then bad info about a Sale push. I think the source maybe had to backtrack a little bit because this wasn't supposed to be leaked.

I was thinking its because the two teams are still discussing. The Thornburg post said something along the lines of it being a sure thing.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
I was thinking its because the two teams are still discussing. The Thornburg post said something along the lines of it being a sure thing.

Even if they are just discussing, what's the motivation to delete info you have received? If I were a source and I leaked that info, I wouldn't delete the info nearly 2 hours later unless I either found out it was complete BS, or if my "insider" told me to remove the info or something along those lines.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
I need Devers and ERod as well.

Sox likely won't get both Moncada & Devers according to Rosenthal yesterday on the MLB Network.

Would imagine a package for sale based around this rumor would be something like Moncada, Kopech, Basabe, Swihart & either a low level bat or pitcher, which frankly seems somewhat light. I liked Travis but that's gone now.

If it's me, I make the deal with Nats for Sale & turn Q into something similar I posted about.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
Sox likely won't get both Moncada & Devers according to Rosenthal yesterday on the MLB Network.

Would imagine a package for sale based around this rumor would be something like Moncada, Kopech, Basabe, Swihart & either a low level bat or pitcher, which frankly seems somewhat light. I liked Travis but that's gone now.

If it's me, I make the deal with Nats for Sale & turn Q into something similar I posted about.

Sam Travis was not traded. Travis Shaw was.

We need two headliners. One of Benintendi/Moncada, and Devers. Then three of Kopech, Basabe, Swihart, Rodriguez, and Groome.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
Sam Travis was not traded. Travis Shaw was.

We need two headliners. One of Benintendi/Moncada, and Devers. Then three of Kopech, Basabe, Swihart, Rodriguez, and Groome.

Yeah I agree on the first part. One of Benintendi/Moncada, and Devers is a must.

I'd think 2 of those said names would be fine and then 1-2 low A ball lottery tickets like Dalbec and Cedrola.

Giolito and Robles > Moncada and Kopech. And if Basabe is the beset 3rd piece Boston will do then no thanks....no idea why people are so caught up in names here. Just because you hadn't heard of Robles before yesterday that doesn't mean he's not a great get for the White Sox. There's a damn good chance that his time next year he will be the new Moncada level prospect.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Giolito and Robles > Moncada and Kopech. And if Basabe is the beset 3rd piece Boston will do then no thanks....no idea why people are so caught up in names here. Just because you hadn't heard of Robles before yesterday that doesn't mean he's not a great get for the White Sox. There's a damn good chance that his time next year he will be the new Moncada level prospect.

You don't go from asking for Betts 6 months ago to lowering your price to

Moncada or Benintendi + Kopech + Basabe

Moncada or Benintendi is a must in a Boston offer + Devers as a mandatory second piece + Groome or Kopech as a third piece + 2 of E Rod/Swihart/Basabe/lower level guys

Moncada/Benintendi + Devers + Kopech/Groome + E Rod/Swihart/Basabe/lower level prospects is a fair offer for both sides

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:22 AM)

Kopech did completely dominate the AFL

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)

Moncada or Benintendi + Kopech + Basabe

Moncada or Benintendi is a must in a Boston offer + Devers as a mandatory second piece + Groome or Kopech as a third piece + 2 of E Rod/Swihart/Basabe/lower level guys

Moncada/Benintendi + Devers + Kopech/Groome + E Rod/Swihart/Basabe/lower level prospects is a fair offer for both sides

This is no ones fault but Hahns. That is nonsensical.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
Kopech did completely dominate the AFL

Jared miller in the Diamondbacks system totally dominated the AFL

18 innings pitched, 0.00 ERA, 6 hits, 4 walks, 30 K's

He's their #28 ranked prospect...don't read too much into AFL stats

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago

Sources: #RedSox remain strongly in mix for #WhiteSox’s Sale, along with #Nationals.

Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman 4m4 minutes ago

Mark Zuckerman Retweeted Ken Rosenthal

Boston always figured to be the most serious pursuer of Sale along with #Nats...

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman 4m4 minutes ago

Mark Zuckerman Retweeted Ken Rosenthal

Boston always figured to be the most serious pursuer of Sale along with #Nats...

Always thought Astros would be in, but hey, we are now where I wanted us to be except no Dodgers.