Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
To be fair, everyone has said Sox are looking at Shelby Miller trade ++ as template.

Depends on what the market will bear, but you could try adding a few smaller pieces to that.

I wouldn't underestimate JBJ -- I know prospects are sexier, but if a lot of these prospects developed into that type of player, any team would be thrilled.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
I love how there's a Boston rumor and everyone here just starts thrwoing Moncada's name in without seeing/hearing it anywhere. If JBJ is the centerpiece then that's means we struck out on Benentendi/Moncada and settled for JBJ in my opinion.

So I think we are looking at JBJ, Devers+ or Giolito, Robles,+....

I have no interest in JBJ without a Moncada. I much rather have Giloto and Robles plus. Robles is a guy who could be the number one prospect in baseball next year. We need a blue chipper and Gioloto and Robles arguably gives you two. Nothing against JBJ but I'm looking for a package of controllable guys.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I'd hope so, but it kind of makes me think if Boston is only in the deal because we've lowered the demand. Any trade that you have to say, "well maybe they will flip player x to insert team" makes it a bad one. All trades should be judged on their own merit

I mean JBJ is a great player, and an JBJ/Eaton anchored OF is tremendous defensively. I jsut don't like the 4 years of control if the Sox plan to trade more than just Sale.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
If the Red Sox trade JBJ, they're going to need a corner OF after Betts moves back to CF. Since they're in "win now" mode, I think that Melky would help move that deal along. I don't think that Dombrowski wants to move Benintendi, so he's going to have to give up Moncada as part of a deal for Sale. If he doesn't, I'd do a deal with the Nats instead.

Why not trade Sale for the Boston package and then send Quintana to the Nats for Giolito, Robles and Kierbaum. Maybe throw in Robertson but i always considered the TOTAL package of prospects for Sale and Quintana to be the gauge if we got enough back. And trading Sale without trading Quintana is foolish in my book. Just sayin

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
I have no interest in JBJ without a Moncada. I much rather have Giloto and Robles plus. Robles is a guy who could be the number one prospect in baseball next year. We need a blue chipper and Gioloto and Robles arguably gives you two. Nothing against JBJ but I'm looking for a package of controllable guys.

I'm with ya on that...I don't trust JBJ honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and everything but he had pretty fluke 1st 1/2 of the season that made his overall #'s look better than they were. I think he's more a .250-.260 hitter for his career and that's not good enough for a center piece. I'd roll the dice on Robles as well