Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-education...WQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Wanted to repost the original Passan article that gives more of a "real feel" for Moncada, his background, and what to expect...

He takes walks and "the poor man's Mike Trout" are obviously two things to be excited about.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
And I do have to say I got a perverse joy out of the perception that Washington busted ass building a deal only for Boston to swoop in at the end to beat it.

Payback for Edwin Jackson/Adam Dunno. Screw Rizzo. Now try and deal Q to them, but ask for the same package.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
Moncada starts with the Sox next year, correct? Any chance he starts in AAA?

In a rebuilding situation, I would love to see him start in AAA until he passes the mark that would give us an extra year of control. Literally there is no good reason for him to be on the opening day roster.

Anyone disappointed with this needs to scale back and realize we acquired a near MLB ready, #1 prospect in baseball that is one of the highest regarded ever.

Hopefully more is on the way, but Hahn got his "untouchable".

Bummed to see Sale go - he's a Top 5 Sox pitcher all time, definitely most talented. But the rebuild has begun.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Anyone disappointed with this needs to scale back and realize we acquired a near MLB ready, #1 prospect in baseball that is one of the highest regarded ever.

Hopefully more is on the way, but Hahn got his "untouchable".

Bummed to see Sale go - he's a Top 5 Sox pitcher all time, definitely most talented. But the rebuild has begun.

Well said. This is pretty much my feelings on the subject as well. Moncada is the best prospect in baseball.

Really good haul for Sale.