Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Like Basabe, don't know who V. Diaz is

Hard thrower in A ball. #28 prospects in Red Sox system according to MLB.com.

Don't love the back end of this trade. Really wanted Devers. But all in all, can't be too upset.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
You just said they didn't get the Red Sox's top 2 prospects, so what exactly are you trying to say? Besides angry venting at the internet.

If it's only Basabe and Diaz rounding out the package I will be upset

Moncada has massive upside, but I need Devers or Groome in this deal to put it over the top

So Benintendi or Moncada, who would you have preferred to be involved here?

My guess is also, getting Basabe who projects to be a future CF, might have made the Nats deal with Robles not as good (depending on the other prospects offered).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
You just said they didn't get the Red Sox's top 2 prospects, so what exactly are you trying to say? Besides angry venting at the internet.

You need more than "the top prospect in baseball" for Chris Sale, starting with a teams top two at least. we went over this in the other thread.

People here vastly under value Chris Sale, and Hahn did too it seems. what a joke.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Moncada starts with the Sox next year, correct? Any chance he starts in AAA?

Based on his performance in September and the fact he has never been to AAA, I assume he will be in Charlotte next year. He really doesn't have a position yet. But he ooozes potential.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
I probably haven't been this interested in the Sox in 5 years.

The more its sinking in I also agree with this. Sad day but I am definitely interested to watch this team and they havent even finished adding young talent for us to watch grow. Keep it coming Hahn.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
You need more than "the top prospect in baseball" for Chris Sale, starting with a teams top two at least. we went over this in the other thread.

People here vastly under value Chris Sale, and Hahn did too it seems. what a joke.

Every baseball exec on the planet undervalues him according to your scale. Any chance your scale isnt calibrated correctly?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
I am the exact opposite. Sure we got the #1 prospect, but there is literally no reason to care about this team for years now.

Pretty much. I know our season ticket group stretching back 40 years was officially disbanded last week. Doubt were alone. Sox are going to be in for an extremely rough time these next few years.