Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
Holy hell. I am so sorry big guy. Hang in there buddy. My condolences.

Thanks man. I didn't know him well but it's still extremely sad. He had his whole life in front of him and now it's gone in an instant.

On a side note, would someone like to predict the White Sox top 10 prospect list now? Moncada has to be #1, right?

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
I wouldn't put him over Fulmer and he's probably not as good a hitter as Collins. He didn't do that great in A ball this past season.

He put up a .780 OPS in A and high A this year at age 20. He added on 25 steals, plus 9 triples this year. He also had 8 assists this year in the OF.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
Thanks man. I didn't know him well but it's still extremely sad. He had his whole life in front of him and now it's gone in an instant.

On a side note, would someone like to predict the White Sox top 10 prospect list now? Moncada has to be #1, right?

It sucks. I had that happen a few times while I was at school, it was pretty eye-popping.

On a lighter note,

Pretty sure Moncada is the undisputed #1

And a mix of Collins/fulmer/Burdi/Kopech/Basabe/ Hansen for the top 7

When you are the #1 prospect in baseball, I would have to think you're #1 on a team's prospect list haha

Moncada and Kopech have to be 1/2, Basabe top 5 at least.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Moncada and Kopech have to be 1/2 Basabe top 5 at least.

Moncada

Kopech

Collins

Fulmer

Burdi

*Did not see that the other two players were announced

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
I wouldn't put him over Fulmer and he's probably not as good a hitter as Collins. He didn't do that great in A ball this past season.

Honest question, what do people like about Fulmer other than where he was drafted? His mechanics need to be entirely rebuilt, his control is non-existent, and his stuff does not appear to be as advertised to this lay person.

QUOTE (almagest @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
I remember when we were all like "LOL Red Sox we're not trading Chris Sale to you! You guys are idiots!"

Yeah, that was when Boston thought they weren't giving away a top player to get him. They literally gave away the top prospect in baseball, plus more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
In a rebuilding situation, I would love to see him start in AAA until he passes the mark that would give us an extra year of control. Literally there is no good reason for him to be on the opening day roster.

He only has 31 days service time. One full year service time is considered 172 days. There are roughly 183 days in the season so we're talking he will need to stay down about 6 weeks to gain a 7th year out of him. I definitely think that will be the plan.