South Sider

Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
Because best case scenario Sox are good again in 2019 and JBJ has 2 years left at that point.

To me, getting JBJ means the Sox will still try to patch together a decent team in 17/18, which I guess deep down I am OK with. I know most here arent, however.

If the Sox make the right moves with Sale, Melky, Frazier, and Robertson, they can definitely be competitive by 2019.

What the Sox do with Quintana, who is under team control through 2020, will tell you a lot about their long-term plan. If they trade him, the Sox don't plan to compete until 2020 or later. If they don't, they plan on being competitive by 2019 at the latest. My guess is that they follow the latter time frame, as their attendance will dry up if they're bad for more than a couple of years.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

BREAKING: Sale to #RedSox. Moncada, Kopech and two other prospects to #WhiteSox.

I have massive mixed emotions, but I am very, very happy about Moncada. Please tell me Devers to.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
BREAKING: Sale to #RedSox. Moncada, Kopech and two other prospects to #WhiteSox.

I hope that one of those "other prospects" is Devers or Swihart.