Your response to Sale getting traded to the Red Sox

Kyyle23

One sentence(try not to run on forever), tell us how you feel or how you felt when you heard the trade was done.

I am mostly sad that the front office has managed to squander one of the best pitchers in the league for his entire Sox career, and were forced to trade him to fix all of the holes they have.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally the Sox figured out they need to rebuild and Sale was by far the most expendable high value player we have IMO. He's a pain in the ass in the clubhouse and is a possible injury waiting to happen. Perfect trade.

Edited by RockRaines

I'm OK with the trade (I wish Sale the best of luck) because we got some nice pieces in return (Moncada #1 prospect in baseball, Kopech throws over 100 mph) but it remains to be seen how successful this off-season will be depending on what other moves Hahn can make (e.g. Quintana, Eaton, Frazier, Jones, and Robertson).

Not what we expected but from the sounds of it, Hahn held out to make sure he got one of these five "untouchable guys"(Bregman, Turner, Swanson, Urias and Moncada) so I'm happy this is underway and happy it's an elite hitter, even if it is a little less than I hoped for.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
I am mostly sad that the front office has managed to squander one of the best pitchers in the league for his entire Sox career, and were forced to trade him to fix all of the holes they have.

Exactly this. I know this is a trade for the future of the White Sox, but for the time being, I'll be dwelling on the frustrating incompetence of this organization for the past several years.

We lost the deal. Moncada is a nice prospect but we won't even come close to winning this deal if he isn't as advertised. He is still very much a work in progress - far from a sure thing. He is not ready to step in right away like Benintendi was. Too bad we didn't move Sale for Urias at the trade deadline when he was rumored to be on the table we probably could've gotten a better deal overall. A deal that headlined Urias and Bellinger would've been much more appealing to me.

Edited by soxforlife05