Your response to Sale getting traded to the Red Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
It's better to trade a player one year early, than one year too late

The White Sox could not really risk him getting injured or losing any trade value at the start of a rebuild

Now for other domino's to fall in Melky, Frazier, Abreu, Gonzalez, etc.

I would put Quintana on the block and see what offers you get for him

And it's better to trade a guy and be bad than to be bad and watch him walk, which would almost certainly have happened without a rebuild.

It definitely leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I wanted nothing more than to see Sale win in the playoffs or win his Cy Young in a White Sox uniform. Never thought I'd see the day the Sox trade the best starting pitcher to ever wear the uniform in order to fix years of ineptitude by the front office. Hears hoping Moncada and Kopech hit their ceilings. Bring on the firesale.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
It definitely leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I wanted nothing more than to see Sale win in the playoffs or win his Cy Young in a White Sox uniform. Never thought I'd see the day the Sox trade the best starting pitcher to ever wear the uniform in order to fix years of ineptitude by the front office. Hears hoping Moncada and Kopech hit their ceilings. Bring on the firesale.

The bold is your first problem.

To hell with that moron winning a Cy Young in Chicago. All that matters is this

World-Series-Trophy.jpg

We needed a lot more than Chris Sale for that.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:22 PM)
The bold is your first problem.

To hell with that moron winning a Cy Young in Chicago. All that matters is this

World-Series-Trophy.jpg

We needed a lot more than Chris Sale for that.

I was born in 89, I don't remember Black Jack! Just would have been nice to see if they were going to suck, at least go for the personal achievement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
If they win the world series that will be an entirely fair statement that would take Moncada turning into Trout to match.

BS.

If Sale helps them win the WS, it was clearly worth it for them, but it would not mean the White Sox lost at all even if Moncada doesn't turn into Trout, which is likely.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
BS.

If Sale helps them win the WS, it was clearly worth it for them, but it would not mean the White Sox lost at all even if Moncada doesn't turn into Trout, which is unlikely.

Agree, except I don't think it's unlikely that Moncada doesn't turn into Trout.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Happy for the front office for getting their guy and finally taking steps to rebuild the franchise. Hopefully they play hardball with Eaton and Q. Exciting time for Sox fans.

Well said. This is all super exciting. Maybe we resign him in 3 years when the army is ready to invade enemy lands.