Frazier Trade Discussion

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
I'd target Arroyo and Beede easily. Their system is much to be desired, so I think we can definitely get a couple of their top prospects.

Yeah, it would basically need to be those two in that barren system.

Also, wow. We're no longer the barren system to end them all :lol:

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Why on Earth would you want to reduce anyone's return by packaging Shields with them? Let Shields suck here for the next two years while eating some innings since the team is going to suck anyways.

There might be a few teams that would want Shields to fill out the back of their rotation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-the...-054109774.html

This is a good article on understanding the Dodgers.

They don't care about money now and they will continue not to care about money in the future.

They know they will win now but also know they will win in the future.

They are going to have their cake and eat it too.

That there will be no real handwringing on the dodgers as they pay many millions to players in their ages 34-35-36-37-38-39 seasons to just sit and not play while their awesome prospects come in and play and stay dodgers as they pay them until they are 40 makes future baseball seem kinda not as fun.

I guess the cap on int'l spending will eventually equalize it but the jig may be up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
I'd target Arroyo and Beede easily. Their system is much to be desired, so I think we can definitely get a couple of their top prospects.

For Todd Frazier?

doubtful

For Frazier, the team doesn't need a great farm.

Maybe the sox could take Trevor Brown off their hands plus a prospect; he looks to be a capable defensive catcher.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 10:59 PM)
Todd Frazier says he wants to be a part of the White Sox rebuild. Wants to be a leader for the young guys. #soxfest2017

Per Chuck.

I've said this all along, would be cool with a short extension for Frazier during this 2-3 year window

i would love to see Frazier stay with the Sox as well as Abreu

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
Todd Frazier says he wants to be a part of the White Sox rebuild. Wants to be a leader for the young guys. #soxfest2017

Per Chuck.

I've said this all along, would be cool with a short extension for Frazier during this 2-3 year window

An extension wouldn't shock me. Of all of the short term players left, he is the most likely, especially with nothing on the horizon at 3B.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)

Per Chuck.

Todd you are pretty awesome.

You will be traded within the blink of an eye for anything that's close to a 50/50 gamble.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
Which is the exact reason I'm ok with a small extension. The value for power hitting third basemen seems to be very low right now.

The White Sox are going to be a very young team and could use a few guys that can steer the ship the clubhouse for a few seasons.

If the price is right, I like him for 2017 and 2018

This. You do need some vets to teach the way.