Frazier Trade Discussion

southsider2k5

I would think if we moved Frazier, we'd be talking about Walker or an Austin Barnes....something along those lines. That said, I see very few scenarios where Frazier is moved now. Dodgers are probably the primary landing spot and they won't move on Frazier until Turner's market has settled (nor do I see the other teams looking at Turner moving to Frazier until he moves).

Lack of FA market should help us a lot with Frazier. Despite a down year (outside of HR's), I think the weak free agent class will artificially inflate back up his value to where we should get a piece or two that could help us longer term (where as Frazier doesn't help longer term). That said, we need to get enough back that outvalues the pick we'd presumably get with him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:28 PM)
I would think if we moved Frazier, we'd be talking about Walker or an Austin Barnes....something along those lines. That said, I see very few scenarios where Frazier is moved now. Dodgers are probably the primary landing spot and they won't move on Frazier until Turner's market has settled (nor do I see the other teams looking at Turner moving to Frazier until he moves).

Lack of FA market should help us a lot with Frazier. Despite a down year (outside of HR's), I think the weak free agent class will artificially inflate back up his value to where we should get a piece or two that could help us longer term (where as Frazier doesn't help longer term). That said, we need to get enough back that outvalues the pick we'd presumably get with him.

You realize that his pick will be after the 2nd round right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
You realize that his pick will be after the 2nd round right?

Yes...which means I don't just trade Frazier for bodies..I need actual players. I also view it that Frazier has potential bounce back upside and we could always move him closer to the deadline. That said, I feel RH has some urgency to fast track all of this, so we are probably going to see more guys moved sooner vs. later.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
If Turner signs elsewhere, could the Dodgers get desperate and give us one of Bellinger/Joc/Lux? Always been a fan of Alex, he played hs ball at my brother's high school and is from my hometown of Kenosha.

Absolutely not.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
Yes...which means I don't just trade Frazier for bodies..I need actual players. I also view it that Frazier has potential bounce back upside and we could always move him closer to the deadline. That said, I feel RH has some urgency to fast track all of this, so we are probably going to see more guys moved sooner vs. later.

I mean, I wouldn't trade him for salary relief alone either, I'd want 1 quality prospect of some sort back, but a pick between rounds 2 and 3 isn't something we should be worrying about whatsoever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
I mean, I wouldn't trade him for salary relief alone either, I'd want 1 quality prospect of some sort back, but a pick between rounds 2 and 3 isn't something we should be worrying about whatsoever.

I'm just saying, there is a minimum we have to be willing to accept, cause there absolutely is value to the draft pick. I'd want an Austin Barnes type player in return (guy who we think has a shot at being at least a league average starter and probably another arm or something to go with it...probably pen arm as you aren't going to get a starter with upside to boot).

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Twins message board guy who is apparently well-respected and has a source says Dozier for De Leon/Bellinger is close

Seems reasonable...I wouldn't think they'd make a move unless they know they can't get Turner at a price they are willing to pay. That or we will see something pretty quick about him signing elsewhere.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
Twins message board guy who is apparently well-respected and has a source says Dozier for De Leon/Bellinger is close

Dozier for two top 50 prospects is pretty insane considering how bad he was just a year ago.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 1m1 minute ago

The #Nationals tried to get #WhiteSox to expand the Adam Eaton trade to include closer Todd Frazier, but Sox refused, will deal separately

Nice, didn't know Todd could pitch. Maybe that will increase his value.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

The #Nationals tried to get #WhiteSox to expand the Adam Eaton trade to include closer Todd Frazier, but Sox refused, will deal separately

Todd sure is a badass closer.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)

Why didn't we know Frazier could close?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)

"closer Todd Frazier". Did they want Frazier or Robertson? Also, I don't know why this wasn't done to get them to include Robles and a couple decent lottery tickets if it was Robertson.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
"closer Todd Frazier". Did they want Frazier or Robertson? Also, I don't know why this wasn't done to get them to include Robles and a couple decent lottery tickets if it was Robertson.

Talking White Sox next on MLBN

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
I assume Robertson.

Yup. He corrected it.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 5m5 minutes ago

The #Nats tried to get the #WhiteSox to include closer David Robertson in the Adam Eaton trade, but Sox refused, will deal separately.