Frazier Trade Discussion

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
Dozier for two top 50 prospects is pretty insane considering how bad he was just a year ago.

Dozier has been worth 4.7, 3.3, and 5.9 WAR per Fangraphs over the last 3 years. The Dodgers might be overpaying, but Brian Dozer is a terrific player that will be paid significantly less than market value over the next 2 years.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 1m1 minute ago

The #Nationals tried to get #WhiteSox to expand the Adam Eaton trade to include closer Todd Frazier, but Sox refused, will deal separately

Well that is one way to explode Frazier's trade value.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
Turner back to the Dodgers so cross them off.

Jon Morosi

‏@jonmorosi

Justin Turner’s deal with #Dodgers, when complete, expected to be 4 years. @Ken_Rosenthal just reported LA close on Turner and Jansen. @MLB

Both deals are done.

Jansen back to the Dodgers 5/80 Million per Rosenthal.

Damn, Dodgers with all of their million of dollars.

That is one trade partner thrown in the toilet.

I wonder if the the White Sox turn to the Mets and Nats to see if they will play off of each other. I suspect the Nats are done dealing with the White Sox though.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
I dont know what this guy's market is anymore. There may be teams interested but they wont be fighting with each other over him and without the Dodgers the Sox dont have a desperate buyer to leverage. May have to wait until injuries hit during the season and sell him then.

Wow the Dodgers giving 5/80 to Jansen and looking like 4/64 to Turner

So much for them "shedding" payroll. Big spenders spend

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
Ya Frazier's market is very thin man. I expect them to keep him and launch him at the deadline.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to keep Frazier until the deadline when teams could use a bat

Players like Melky, Frazier, Robertson, Abreu and Jones could be valuable to a contending team in need of bullpen help or a bat

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
Who else was in on Turner? We know the Nats and Marlins were in on Jensen, so have an idea of other teams who might be interested in Robertson's services, but I have a harder time knowing when it comes to Frazier.

I could've sworn I remember the Cardinals being mentioned before.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
Who else was in on Turner? We know the Nats and Marlins were in on Jensen, so have an idea of other teams who might be interested in Robertson's services, but I have a harder time knowing when it comes to Frazier.

I thought I heard Cardinals.

I still think Frazier gets dealt, but man the Dodgers had a lot of very interesting prospects at many levels, many positions and many points on the value scale. There were a lot of different kinds of deals the Sox could've made with the Dodgers that I would have liked. I dont feel the same way about the Cardinals or Colorado.

Not sure about this but possibly the Yankees if they deal Headley somehow before Frazier is traded or the Mets as insurance for David Wright.Bith teams have other options obviously, The Mets or Yanks would welcome the NJ native and Todd would like to play out East, I think.

He's a great guy and I'd be sorry to lose his presence on the team, but nt that Hahn os blowing it up, it would be best for him as well as the team to trade him.

Same with Robertson and Melky.

I would love to package Shields in any trade. Just get rid of him somehow some way.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
Not sure about this but possibly the Yankees if they deal Headley somehow before Frazier is traded or the Mets as insurance for David Wright.Bith teams have other options obviously, The Mets or Yanks would welcome the NJ native and Todd would like to play out East, I think.

He's a great guy and I'd be sorry to lose his presence on the team, but nt that Hahn os blowing it up, it would be best for him as well as the team to trade him.

I would love to package Shields in any trade. Just get rid of him somehow some way.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Shields, unless he miraculously pitches well enough to trade in 2017

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)

Why on Earth would you want to reduce anyone's return by packaging Shields with them? Let Shields suck here for the next two years while eating some innings since the team is going to suck anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
Why on Earth would you want to reduce anyone's return by packaging Shields with them? Let Shields suck here for the next two years while eating some innings since the team is going to suck anyways.

Duh

Interesting to think of it in these terms.

Jansen's $80 million deal turns into a $154 million deal with the next luxury cap penalties included. With the old 50% threshold it would have been $120. The Turner deal at $64 million turns into 123.2 million versus $96 million under the old CBA. These two contracts are costing the team an EXTRA $61.2 million in penalties that weren't there a month ago. That total is barely smaller than the White Sox all time biggest contract in franchise history.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)

Jansen's $80 million deal turns into a $154 million deal with the next luxury cap penalties included. With the old 50% threshold it would have been $120. The Turner deal at $64 million turns into 123.2 million versus $96 million under the old CBA. These two contracts are costing the team an EXTRA $61.2 million in penalties that weren't there a month ago. That total is barely smaller than the White Sox all time biggest contract in franchise history.

This is an example where money doesn't translate into a winner. Same with Yankees and a few others. I really have no problem in keeping Frazier. a good glove man hitting 40 homers a year and driving in 100 RBI's is a good guy to have around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)

Here it is explained better. It isn't as much as you think, but it is still a lot

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/...iggest-payrolls