Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
I'd add Jones to get Rodgers/Tapia/Pint/flier for Q. That'd be arguably better than the Sale deal.

I gotta disagree there. Jones coming off a 175 ERA+ season and has an amazingly cheap contract. I would be willing to add Jennings or Robertson + cash easily to make that package happen. Dave Cameron says he thinks we could get a Giles type of depth package for Jones and I think it would be amazing to add 3-5 non-elite, but very good prospects or pieces for Jones either now or midseason when teams in contention are super desperate.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
Do you think we see more this week?

That's almost totally in the hands of Luhnow, Coppolela, Mozeliak and Rizzo.

There is still momentum from last week's discussions.

The scouting and talks have been very thorough for many months and further deals are on the board to be had.

Make no mistake, teams very clearly know Rick's asks, which contributed to last week's action and thus the recent windfall of elite prospects.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)

The scouting and talks have been very thorough for many months and further deals are on the board to be had.

Make no mistake, teams very clearly know Rick's asks, which contributed to last week's action and thus the recent windfall of elite prospects.

Who do you think goes next and what could we expect back in return?

Thanks for the info Bucket!

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)

Interesting. Figured the Cards interest was gone after not getting Eaton.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)

Interesting that you mention Mozeliak. Who could they in on? Q? Robertson?

Edited by daggins

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
Who do you think goes next and what could we expect back in return?

Thanks for the info Bucket!

Tough to call, but the usual suspects: likely Robertson, Frazier and Q.

Sorry, now more than ever I can't be a resource for return names like I used to but there are some highly accurate package names in this thread.

I will say that the national and local media info has been surprisingly in the know lately...credit to them. ;)

QUOTE ( @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Saw someone on Twitter saying that Buster Olney said that he could see the Rockies offer Rodgers/Tapia/Pint for Q and the Pirates offer Glasnow/Meadows/Bell or Newman.

I'd take either....

I love Rodgers; Tapia is barely a cut above Juan Pierre; Pint had a horrible half season in Rookie Ball.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Tough to call, but the usual suspects: likely Robertson, Frazier and Q.

Sorry, now more than ever I can't be a resource for return names like I used to but there are some highly accurate package names in this thread.

I will say that the national and local media info has been surprisingly in the know lately...credit to them. ;)

Awesome. Thank you very much Bucket.

So to breakdown for everyone: Astros we have discussed Martes, Musgrove, Tucker, Stubbs, Reed

Nationals: Severino

LAD: Calhoun, Lux, Verdugo, Barnes

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Saw someone on Twitter saying that Buster Olney said that he could see the Rockies offer Rodgers/Tapia/Pint for Q and the Pirates offer Glasnow/Meadows/Bell or Newman.

I'd take either....

If Hahn could pull off Glasnow/Meadows/Bell I would literally s*** myself. That would be a haul!

I hope Buster's vision is good.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
If Hahn could pull off Glasnow/Meadows/Bell I would literally s*** myself. That would be a haul!

I hope Buster's vision is good.

Two Top 10 prospect and another Top 20 feels too good to be true.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
Two Top 10 prospect and another Top 20 feels too good to be true.

Besides, prospects are arguably more important to thr Pirates than any other team. They spend even less money than us on long term contracts. Prospects are their only way to stay competitive.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Besides, prospects are arguably more important to thr Pirates than any other team. They spend even less money than us on long term contracts. Prospects are their only way to stay competitive.

Yeah. I can't see the Pirates going from almost trading Cutch for prospects to putting together a top prospect package for Q, unless they thought they could replace their top guys with the guys Cutch brought in, and therefore essentially trading Cutch for Q.

But then they would have to spend some cash in their OF.

Edited by Dick Allen

Glasnow and Meadows is more than enough to start the package for me. Adding Bell just seems unrealistic. But still, without Bell the Pirates would still have more than enough. Just a matter of whether they choose trade 2 premium prospects or not, I'm not optimistic about that. Glasnow, Meadows, Elias Diaz, and Kevin Kramer. Or something along those lines seems not too far off from the Sale deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Yes to bell/jones.

Are you asking in a "Q/Jones for glasnow, meadows, bell" type way?

Just trade Quintana to the Cubs for Ian Happ and Elroy Jiminez and maybe the Catcher Cantini or outfielder Donnie Dewees. Cubs will save money by not having to pay Arrietta and lackey will be gone also so Q would be a good fit IMO. Plus both those guys are blocked anyway on the Cubs roster just like Gleyber Torres was. I would take Happ and Jimenez only and i know it doesn't seem like enough on paper but after what we got for Eaton and Sale i would be very happy with just those 2. Not going to happen i know but it does make sense for both teams.