Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
100% agree. I really hope neither guy signs with the Dodgers, that would be the best case scenario for us.

I think Jansen signing with the Dodgers and Turner signing elsewhere works out best for the Sox. Robertson can block a deal to LAD, but not MIA. If the Dodgers are desperate for Frazier and the Marlins desperate for Robertson, Hahn could squeeze a nice return out of both teams.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:27 PM)
I think Jansen signing with the Dodgers and Turner signing elsewhere works out best for the Sox. Robertson can block a deal to LAD, but not MIA. If the Dodgers are desperate for Frazier and the Marlins desperate for Robertson, Hahn could squeeze a nice return out of both teams.

I think Robertson ends up in Washington

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
After thinking more about it, I really like the Rockies offer based on Rogers headlining the package. That package is a more reasonable offer than the one proposed about Pitt. A future indie!d of Moncada, Anderson and Rogers sounds good to me.

Comp wise provided that trade happens and they all hit, it would be as if we had Ryan Zimmerman (Rodgers), David Wright (Moncada) & Starling Marte (Anderson) in our infield and that would be crazy, certainly something to dream on, but here is a dose of reality. Having said that the defense would be insane.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:27 PM)

Jones and Frazier to the dodger for Bellinger, Barnes and Lux.

Robertson for Braxton garrett and Tyler kolek ;)

just looking over the marlins system man its barely a tick above the angels..wow

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
Robertson for Severino makes too much sense

I was one of the guys not too high on Servino. But read a few scouting reports and I'm actually now on the Servino for Robertson. Below is one of the better scouting reports I read.

Scouting grades: Hit: 40 | Power: 35 | Run: 40 | Arm: 65 | Field: 60 | Overall: 45

A native of the Dominican Republic, Severino's stock has been on the rise since his impressive full-season debut at Class A Hagerstown in 2013. He moved up to Double-A last season and continued progressing on both sides of the ball, prompting the Nationals to give him a brief taste of the big leagues as a September callup, and he had another cup of coffee in D.C. early in 2016.

Scouts view Severino as one of the best defensive catchers in the Minors. His athleticism and agility make him an excellent blocker, and he receives raves from pitchers and coaches alike for his pitch-framing and overall receiving skills. Severino is adept at controlling the running game, as his combination of advanced footwork and plus arm strength have produced an excellent caught-stealing rate over parts of six Minor League seasons.

Despite having made strides at the plate in recent years, Severino's hitting ability continues to lag well behind his defense. His compact swing and penchant for contact suggest he'll hit for more average in the future, but power will never be a part of his game. Given Severino's defensive prowess, however, he won't need to be a steady contributor at the plate to serve as an everyday backstop in the big leagues.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=was

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
I do want Severino, but I want a 2-1 deal.

Ask for Stevenson + Severino, settle for Severino + Soto.

I would be very interested in Severino + Soto. Having Severino's glove would go a long way with a young staff and additionally allowing the sox to bring along Collins behind the dish slowly.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 01:24 AM)
Jones and Frazier to the dodger for Bellinger, Barnes and Lux.

Robertson for Braxton garrett and Tyler kolek ;)

just looking over the marlins system man its barely a tick above the angels..wow

It really is awful, and unexpected from a franchise that has been so good at finding stars.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hahn is telling teams they are counting on Q to head the rotation during the rebuild so it will cost to pry Q away from the Sox. This is of course true but it adds value to Q in the eyes of the Sox so if a team really wants Q they just might have to over-pay. It's not like it will suck having Q as the #1 for the '17 season. If a team wants to pay the Sox value or more then great but I have no problem holding onto Q for another year.

I must admit I'm a bit nostalgic for all of the sox front office is overmatched and incompetent posters..🤓What has impressed me the most about Hahn is that in this era of advanced metrics and computer enhanced scouting down to high schools almost everything about a player is known prior to a transaction. Major Trades are no longer simply an exchange of talent but more often exploiting need or finance to exploit and enhance already known value. Hahn has done a masterful job matching 2 or 3 teams against each other to meet his high but long established value of his players to get the uncompromised return he seeks.Quintana is worth the price established with Houston Atl Colorado etc but that price was known to those teams for some time. As Hahn has no financial or need to win pressure he can wait for those pressures to build on the buyers side and ultimately get his desired return. Simply by trading with the red sox and Nast he has subtly increased the need to win pressure on almost all in on Quintana and Robertson. Color me impressed with the team as a negotiator. Now we have to find out exactly who has been in charge of the recent major league talent evaluations and somehow include them in the package being sent off

QUOTE (Soxcessful @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 09:01 AM)
I must admit I'm a bit nostalgic for all of the sox front office is overmatched and incompetent posters..🤓What has impressed me the most about Hahn is that in this era of advanced metrics and computer enhanced scouting down to high schools almost everything about a player is known prior to a transaction. Major Trades are no longer simply an exchange of talent but more often exploiting need or finance to exploit and enhance already known value. Hahn has done a masterful job matching 2 or 3 teams against each other to meet his high but long established value of his players to get the uncompromised return he seeks.Quintana is worth the price established with Houston Atl Colorado etc but that price was known to those teams for some time. As Hahn has no financial or need to win pressure he can wait for those pressures to build on the buyers side and ultimately get his desired return. Simply by trading with the red sox and Nast he has subtly increased the need to win pressure on almost all in on Quintana and Robertson. Color me impressed with the team as a negotiator. Now we have to find out exactly who has been in charge of the recent major league talent evaluations and somehow include them in the package being sent off

Didn't they make him third base coach?

QUOTE (Soxcessful @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 07:01 AM)
Now we have to find out exactly who has been in charge of the recent major league talent evaluations and somehow include them in the package being sent off

Nice :lol:

Welcome to Soxtalk - hope your experience here is Soxcessful. Huck huck huuck

The more I look the more I want a deal to go down with Colorado. And they have more than enough depth to pull it off too, a lot of high picks and talent in their organization.

Brendan Rodgers, Raimel Tapia, David Dahl, Riley Pint, Tom Murphy, Ryan McMahon, Kyle Freeland, Jordan Patterson, Garrett Hampson, Brian Mundell, Sam Hilliard, Ryan Castellani....a really good package of players could come out of that group.

My only concern is if Rodgers is involved the deal would most likely be Rodgers, Pint, and 2 low level guys. That would be right in line with what we got for Sale, just not quite as good. And don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy with Rodgers but a depth package from Colorado where Roders isn't involved would also really entice me.

Probably crazy and far fetched, but how insane wold Frazier be in Coors? Could be an interesting 1b option for them, I could see him hitting 50 in Coors no problem and the Rockies shattering the record for most HR's in a season.

Frazier and Q for Rodgers, Pint, Tapia, McMahon, and Yency Almonte

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
The more I look the more I want a deal to go down with Colorado. And they have more than enough depth to pull it off too, a lot of high picks and talent in their organization.

Brendan Rodgers, Raimel Tapia, David Dahl, Riley Pint, Tom Murphy, Ryan McMahon, Kyle Freeland, Jordan Patterson, Garrett Hampson, Brian Mundell, Sam Hilliard, Ryan Castellani....a really good package of players could come out of that group.

My only concern is if Rodgers is involved the deal would most likely be Rodgers, Pint, and 2 low level guys. That would be right in line with what we got for Sale, just not quite as good. And don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy with Rodgers but a depth package from Colorado where Roders isn't involved would also really entice me.

Probably crazy and far fetched, but how insane wold Frazier be in Coors? Could be an interesting 1b option for them, I could see him hitting 50 in Coors no problem and the Rockies shattering the record for most HR's in a season.

Frazier and Q for Rodgers, Pint, Tapia, McMahon, and Yency Almonte

I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I really want Jansen to sign already. I feel like hes holding up a lot of potential dominoes that could fall.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 02:48 AM)
I would be very interested in Severino + Soto. Having Severino's glove would go a long way with a young staff and additionally allowing the sox to bring along Collins behind the dish slowly.

Yes. This. Getting one of their July 2 kids would be a nice way to finish a Robertson deal./

I was of the mind that we didn't have to trade Q, he could help the young pitchers, etc., etc.

But now I think we do need to trade him.

He's not going to get any better (probably not any worse either - but he could) and some teams need a starter very badly. I don't see his value increasing. Yea they could trade him at midseason...but at midseason teams want to buy an available starter for what he will do the rest of that year, with future years secondary. Much of the value of Q is what he will do for 4 years...that needs to be traded now.

With the Astros, I would insist on Tucker; Tucker and one of those stud pitching prospects, plus some upside buys in the lower minors would be fine.

Shields can help the young pitchers...needs to do something to earn his money; pitching to a decent 4th starter level would help as well.

One of Jones or Robertson needs to be traded before the season; the other can be traded in July. If it's Robertson staying, he gets a chance to redeem for a mediocre 2016; if it's Jones, he gets an opportunity to show he can close. Given my druthers, I would prefer to move Jones now and Robertson in July; I think Robertson can improve his value more, worth the risk of further value deterioration.

Abreu - trade him when you get a good offer.

Frazier - we'll probably move him before the season and probably for not a great return. I would kind of prefer to hold onto him and watch....

Given that Frazier and Robertson won't, imo, bring back huge returns, we might want to look at a backstop, who's probably currently 2nd string, with a couple of years of experience, as part of the return. One who knows how to frame and play defense.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
I was of the mind that we didn't have to trade Q, he could help the young pitchers, etc., etc.

But now I think we do need to trade him.

He's not going to get any better (probably not any worse either - but he could) and some teams need a starter very badly. I don't see his value increasing. Yea they could trade him at midseason...but at midseason teams want to buy an available starter for what he will do the rest of that year, with future years secondary. Much of the value of Q is what he will do for 4 years...that needs to be traded now.

With the Astros, I would insist on Tucker; Tucker and one of those stud pitching prospects, plus some upside buys in the lower minors would be fine.

Shields can help the young pitchers...needs to do something to earn his money; pitching to a decent 4th starter level would help as well.

One of Jones or Robertson needs to be traded before the season; the other can be traded in July. If it's Robertson staying, he gets a chance to redeem for a mediocre 2016; if it's Jones, he gets an opportunity to show he can close. Given my druthers, I would prefer to move Jones now and Robertson in July; I think Robertson can improve his value more, worth the risk of further value deterioration.

Abreu - trade him when you get a good offer.

Frazier - we'll probably move him before the season and probably for not a great return. I would kind of prefer to hold onto him and watch....

Given that Frazier and Robertson won't, imo, bring back huge returns, we might want to look at a backstop, who's probably currently 2nd string, with a couple of years of experience, as part of the return. One who knows how to frame and play defense.

Reed/Tucker/Martes/Stubbs?

QUOTE (Moncada @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
That's the deal I want.

A power hitter, possible future star, possible future 2 P, and a C prospect who has hit in the minors. That checks the boxes on everything I would need to send Q out of Chicago

Isn't Stubbs also known for his glove?