Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
Ok, so if Tucker is the centerpiece, what deal do you guys take? Because if he is the centerpiece for me, I want another 3-4 guys with some really nice ceilings.

Otherwise, I want a guy that has shown something in AA/AAA.

If teams won't do that now, fine. I wait. And test them again in July. Because it is not me that has the pressure to compete this year. It's them. And maybe in July, I've seen that Tucker has taken the next step and it requires less projection from me. Maybe Tucker has taken a step back or injured himself and I can save myself from making a mistake I may have made back in the offseason.

You guys are some really poor poker players though if you're just willing to give in after 5 days and accept some mediocre package because Luhnow or Bridich waited your giddy ass out after the Winter Meetings.

If the Astros refuse to include Bregman in any deal (which is certainly a more-than-fair stance for them to take), I think a Quintana trade would have to include Martes and Tucker for sure, plus some serious depth.

I would do Martes, Tucker, one of the other OFs (Fisher, Laureano or Hernandez), Stubbs and Reed.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
If the Astros refuse to include Bregman in any deal (which is certainly a more-than-fair stance for them to take), I think a Quintana trade would have to include Martes and Tucker for sure, plus some serious depth.

I would do Martes, Tucker, one of the other OFs (Fisher, Laureano or Hernandez), Stubbs and Reed.

With Bregman understandably off the table, any Q deal would absolutely start with Martes and Tucker...but I agree it would also take more

Reed's value is certainly down, but he could be worth a gamble on?

I really like Musgrove, but Houston seems unwilling to deal him and Martes

Martes/Tucker/Reed/Stubbs would be a package I would consider if Musgrove was taken out

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
With Bregman understandably off the table, any Q deal would absolutely start with Martes and Tucker...but I agree it would also take more

Reed's value is certainly down, but he could be worth a gamble on?

I really like Musgrove, but Houston seems unwilling to deal him and Martes

Martes/Tucker/Reed/Stubbs would be a package I would consider if Musgrove was taken out

I think Musgrove is maybe a #3 starter. Give me Tucker and Martes for sure. Then build the rest around Laureano, Stubbs, Reed, Perez, etc

From a speculation stand point, I think the Rockies make way too much sense. Quintana is one of the few pitchers that might actually pitch decent in Coors as well.

I live out here in CO, and as a Purple Row article mentioned, I think it could benefit both teams greatly. I have not seen Rodgers play, but everyone raves about him here...

Also, if there was anyway ever we could get David Dahl, sign me up. Seen him play multiple times and is going to be the real deal. Just a pipe dream though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
I think Musgrove is maybe a #3 starter. Give me Tucker and Martes for sure. Then build the rest around Laureano, Stubbs, Reed, Perez, etc

I'm most impressed with Musgrove's plus control. He gives up hits, but very rarely walks anyone. That bodes well for him to reach his ceiling of a #3 starter...a valuable player.

Martes and Tucker alone won't be enouugh. Reed is blocked and is a good get as a third piece to a deal. Not sure if Houston would be comfortable offering much more than that though

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
I do think Musgrove is the hang up. I also think Q winds up in Houston for Martes, Tucker and others.

I agree. Houston will part with either Musgrove or Martes, but not both.

Reed is the guy we could consider to backup 1B and DH after some more seasoning in AAA

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
I do think Musgrove is the hang up. I also think Q winds up in Houston for Martes, Tucker and others.

I wonder if the hang up was multiple things. Everything I've read has said Tucker is "untouchable" too. If it's me, I go Martes, Tucker, Reed & a throw in like Stubbs. May be asking too much but the first two are musts.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
825 pages of "tucker and martes"

Urg. It's 'that' time of the offseason now. :(

Hey we spiced things up with the PurpleRow rockies article for a while.

But yes, it may be time to bring in a darkhorse team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
Hey we spiced things up with the PurpleRow rockies article for a while.

But yes, it may be time to bring in a darkhorse team.

Quintana to the Charlotte Knights for Moncada, Giolito, Fulmer and Coats.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
I am not enamored with Musgrove and would def take a package centered around Tucker/Martes & two more

Musgrove is not going to be an ace of a staff, but he has the excellent control to be a #4 or #4 on a playoff team

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
As long as the other two are pretty good, I'm okay with that.

For what it is worth, Stubbs was outhit by Tim Tebow in the Arizona Fall League and batted only .171 in 20 games

That just signals that Stubbs is far from sniffing the mlb level