Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
Albies as the headliner for Q would make me livid. IMO his absolute ceiling is Alcides Escobar.. There is not much upside in his bat and we all know the Sox need those kind of bats badly.

Seriously that's your ceiling for Albies?

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
He has no power. Without power his now decent walk rate will go down a lot in the majors. Pretty good fielder and good runner. I just don't see much upside there.

His upside (best case) would be that of an above average fielding SS or 2B leadoff type hitter that hits .300 and steals bases

That is a valuable player, and he was young for the AAA level by two years, but his struggles in AAA would concern me a little bit

He was awesome in AA, but a .650 ops in AAA is reason to think

Would I love him in the Sox organization? Absolutely. But, he needs to prove he can handle AAA pitching this season

If he becomes the next Dustin Pedroia, I will eat my words

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
I think one day we are all going to login and there will be a report that Q has been traded. Seems like whomever else the Sox are talking to have quiet lips and with everyone staying radio silent, we all might be surprised at who acquires him or how quick it goes down.

Might be true, hoping there's a sudden frantic bidding when some team finally provides that final wanted piece and we try to get it countered.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 17, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
His upside (best case) would be that of an above average fielding SS or 2B leadoff type hitter that hits .300 and steals bases

That is a valuable player, and he was young for the AAA level by two years, but his struggles in AAA would concern me a little bit

He was awesome in AA, but a .650 ops in AAA is reason to think

Would I love him in the Sox organization? Absolutely. But, he needs to prove he can handle AAA pitching this season

I'm totally iwth you. I mean Alcides Escobar had some good years. Or I'll throw out Elvis Andrus as another ceiling comp.

A very valuable player, but not what you're looking for in a Quintana trade.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Might be true, hoping there's a sudden frantic bidding when some team finally provides that final wanted piece and we try to get it countered.

Pittsburgh could be a sleeper team, or the Yankees

Mets could gut their system with a: Rosario, Smith, Dunn and Nimmo package?

Toronto could totally gut their system?

Rockies?

Astros?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
I think one day we are all going to login and there will be a report that Q has been traded. Seems like whomever else the Sox are talking to have quiet lips and with everyone staying radio silent, we all might be surprised at who acquires him or how quick it goes down.

This is why I'm still holding out hope that the Rockies are involved. They have been very quiet as an organization this offseason, which tracks with the relatively tight lipped status of Q negotiations right now.

ETA: Not quiet in terms of making moves, but quiet on the rumor mill prior to those moves going down.

Edited by illinilaw08

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
Pittsburgh could be a sleeper team, or the Yankees

Mets could gut their system with a: Rosario, Smith, Dunn and Nimmo package?

Toronto could totally gut their system?

Rockies?

Astros?

Do the Mets really need pitching? Can't see them gutting their system for a #3 (possibly 4 depending on health of Harvey) starter. And Q certainly isn't expensive, but there are a lot of reports saying the Mets already have to shed salary before the season as is.

Toronto doesn't have a prospect inside the top 70 so I would go ahead and rule them out.

The market is seriously thin on Q as unbelievable as it is. It only takes 1 other team to make a serious offer to pressure the Astros though. Rockies, Braves, Cardinals, Rangers, Yankees...I can't see many other logical fits, hopefully someone steps up with a real offer soon.

But those guys like deGrom and Syndegaard are pure power pitchers and typically have the shortest shelf life.

It's unlikely with those four and Matz (that a trade goes down), but the reason for not making the deal shouldn't be where Q would arbitrarily rank in their starting rotation.

Edited by caulfield12

Lol, we really need some new rumors to emerge or at least some fresh ideas to speculate with.

Anyone think the Blue Jays could get involved for Q? Toronto has some interesting position player prospects. Would be nice to see a power bat like Rowdy Tellez in the Sox farm system.