Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
From this board. In Houston we are talking Tucker. NY outside of Frazier and Sheffield (whom I'd bet anything NY will not trade in regards to JS) is Torres/Mateo, Rockies is Rodgers.

If we want near ready position players they look a lot more like Judge, whom the board is terrified of.

Gotcha. I thought you were referring to actual sources.

I'm starting to think this rebuild is BS. They are just trading the guys that KW didn't get along with (Sale and Eaton) and Robertson (i dont believe Robertson had an issue w management, but i still think they will trade him). This is classic Reinsdorf. Nothing new. More of the same.

They aren't going to trade Quintana, Frazier, Melky, Abreu etc... They are branding this as a rebuild so that fans get sucked in. But this is not a change in organizational philosophy. This is just Reinsdorf allowing his life tenured executive(s) to get rid of players they don't get along with.

Edited by ozzfest

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
I don't see us getting both Torres and Frazier. I think pick one of them and go from there.

I'd go Torres (SS), Rutherford (OF), Andujar (3B), and Fowler (OF) for Quintana

Totally agreed, I think that's the most reasonable package. Allows the Yankees to keep their top guys that are near the majors. The Sox get two guys with serious helium, plus two other decent/good prospects.

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
I'm starting to think this rebuild is BS. They are just trading the guys that KW didn't get along with (Sale and Eaton) and Robertson (i dont believe Robertson had an issue w management, but i still think they will trade him). This is classic Reinsdorf. Nothing new. More of the same.

They aren't going to trade Quintana, Frazier, Melky, Abreu etc... They are branding this as a rebuild so that fans get sucked in. But this is not a change in organizational philosophy. This is just Reinsdorf allowing his life tenured executive(s) to get rid of players they don't get along with.

Poop.

Yawn.

Wipe.

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)

Some people really will believe anything.

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)

Once you see our record next year, you'll believe we're rebuilding

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)

When I see or hear something that I disagree with 100%, I tell myself that's what makes America great.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)
We can get depth and quality with a Quintana deal. I don't want one headliner plus a bunch of lottery tickets for 4 cheap seasons of Quintana. We must get a return like the Sale deal for him

Torres + Frazier + Montgomery + Sands is a package I could see working

Remember, Andrew Miller's 2 1/2 seasons netted the Yankees Frazier + Sheffield + two more prospects

A Chapman three month rental netted the Yankees Torres + Warren + McKinney + Crawford

Anything less than a Torres + Frazier ++ package would be us selling Quintana for less than he is worth.

this will not happen. He is not the pitcher that Chris Sale is.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
this will not happen. He is not the pitcher that Chris Sale is.

Quintana for four seasons is more valuable than 2 1/2 seasons of Andrew Miller, which received Frazier + Sheffield + two more prospects

If they insist on keeping one or Frazier or Torres, I'd want Torres +++ and the rest must be very high quality

Torres + Rutherford + Adams + Montgomery + Sands

Minimum required = Two of Torres/Frazier/Rutherford + two more #10-30 organizational prospects

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
Quintana for four seasons is more valuable than 2 1/2 seasons of Andrew Miller, which received Frazier + Sheffield + two more prospects

If they insist on keeping one or Frazier or Torres, I'd want Torres +++ and the rest must be very high quality

Torres + Rutherford + Adams + Montgomery + Sands

Minimum required = Two of Torres/Frazier/Rutherford + two more #10-30 organizational prospects

I wasn't saying anything about that deal. My comment was is that he is not as good as sale thus you shouldn't expect the same haul the Sox got for Sale.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
I wasn't saying anything about that deal. My comment was is that he is not as good as sale thus you shouldn't expect the same haul the Sox got for Sale.

Even still, he has an additional season of cheap control, which puts his value right on par with Sale. If the length of contract and money were equal, yes Sale is a better pitcher.

But Quintana on a 4 year, $38 million contract is a steal for any team

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Even still, he has an additional season of cheap control, which puts his value right on par with Sale. If the length of contract and money were equal, yes Sale is a better pitcher.

But Quintana on a 4 year, $38 million contract is a steal for any team

Not for the price that Sale brought. The team that trades for him is going to expect the production that makes the prospects worth the trade. He just won't bring back the prospects that Sale did. there is a reason that Boston wanted Sale not Quintana in the deal. Quintana is a very good valuable pitcher. regardless, of contract (it does drive his value up) he will not bring the prospects that Sale did and you are going to be disappointed if you expect that.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)

Torres, Rutheford and another good prospect is a good deal the Sox IMO. I know it seems light but better than the Houston deal talked anout here IMO. We received enough pitching prospects in the Eaton deal to go along with Fullmer, Burdi, Hanson and Adams and Kopech we have enough righty handed pitchers. For example at this point i would take the 50th ranked position player over the 25th ranked right handed pitcher if that make sense. And someone said Rutheford is 3 years away from the majors. Well we are 2-3 years away from being competitive so I'm fine with that. 2019 is my target year to make a playoff run. I hope this year we lose and lose BIG!!!!! The ist pick in the draft is Huge IMO if Beer is a cant miss stud like most experts say.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
He just won't bring back the prospects that Sale did. there is a reason that Boston wanted Sale not Quintana in the deal.

They tried to acquire Q at the deadline last year from all reports. You've underrated Quintana alot in this thread though, so its not surprising with your posts.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
It is haha. Just as a fun thought, what do you believe it would take? Devers, Travis, Groome plus one more piece?

Disclaimer: before people decide to pounce and say it isn't going to happen; I know that. You don't have to tell me. I was just throwing it out there because it's a boring Tuesday at work.

I think in order for a trade to happen, Boston would have to be willing to part with Devers which probably won't happen, unfortunately. I could see a package of Travis/Groome/Ockime/Dalbec being reasonable.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
I think in order for a trade to happen, Boston would have to be willing to part with Devers which probably won't happen, unfortunately. I could see a package of Travis/Groome/Ockime/Dalbec being reasonable.

Man that package makes me gag. That is a serious downgrade from every other package we've discussed imo.

We need to stop using regular season WAR & surplus value as the be all end all. Sale is definitely worth more than Quintana regardless of those factors. If you're expecting a Sale type package for Q, prepared to be dissapointed. That's not to say he's not incredibly valuable, but when I see theoretical packages like "Torres, Frazier, ++" I can't help but think some posters have completely unrealistic expectations.