Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
They have Q and Jones. That is it. The rest are a list of names that aren't bringing much in return in the current market place.

Robertson would bring a fair amount back, but I almost feel it's best to move Jones and Robertson at the deadline. Teams have shown a willingness to pony up big prospects for stud, high leverage relievers. Just last year the Yankees got two huge returns for Chapman and Miller.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
Robertson would bring a fair amount back, but I almost feel it's best to move Jones and Robertson at the deadline. Teams have shown a willingness to pony up big prospects for stud, high leverage relievers. Just last year the Yankees got two huge returns for Chapman and Miller.

That is the exact opposite of what is being reported re:Robertson.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
What am I missing with Trevor Brown? I'll admit I know nothing about him, but I don't see much to like based on a quick google search. Seems like there are better prospects to target, perhaps a guy like Chris Shaw could work.

Looks to be a decent catcher.

Frazier will only bring a 2nd tier prospect or 2, Sox need a catcher (they can do without a decent 3B, CF or whatever else, but they need a catcher), so Frazier seems to me to be a decent asset to trade for a catcher.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
I bet the Pirates would give up one of Meadows/Bell but don't want to give up both. "Settling" on the 2nd and 3rd pieces will be the hold up here I'm betting.

I would not let Bell keep me from completing a deal with Meadows, personally.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Or actual trades. Two weeks since Eaton, I'm a little surprised they haven't made another one since. Just going to be a long process over the next year.

one of the ESPNers (Buster?) had an article today where they discussed this being the slowest offseason they can remember, everyone is holding out waiting for prices to drop.

Edit: full piece and quote and Insider Version

As Buster Olney wrote Monday, “In my years of covering baseball, I've never seen a situation in which so many players are still looking for jobs this deep into the winter.”

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 06:02 PM)
one of the ESPNers (Buster?) had an article today where they discussed this being the slowest offseason they can remember, everyone is holding out waiting for prices to drop.

Edit: full piece and quote and Insider Version

The uncertainty over the CBA surely slowed things down, just surprised there hasn't been a ton of activity since the Winter Meetings.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
Yanks did show interest in Quintana (@jonmorosi on it) but don't want to part w/frazier or Torres so likely a non-starter

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/811720851435438080

The conversation would not lead anywhere if their best two prospects are not on the table

Sox held out and got a haul for Easton and sale. I expect the same for q

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
The conversation would not lead anywhere if their best two prospects are not on the table

Sox held out and got a haul for Easton and sale. I expect the same for q

I've been saying for two days that the Yankees have called every team about pitching lol

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 07:20 PM)
They aren't going to deal Q. The roster isn't going to be dramatically different aside from Robertson gone. That's how Reinsdorf does things.

You're right. Trading the face of the franchise and stud GG caliber RF doesn't change anything about this team.

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
I don't think this is a genuine effort to rebuild. I believe they just got rid of the guys that management didnt get along with. The same thing happened with the Bulls.

A full rebuild does not happen in a few weeks. It takes two or more sides to agree on a trade.

This is a full rebuild, be patient

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 06:27 PM)
I don't think this is a genuine effort to rebuild. I believe they just got rid of the guys that management didnt get along with. The same thing happened with the Bulls.

I don't know about that. They kept Rodman and Rose around a long time. Neither of them got along with management.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 21, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
A full rebuild does not happen in a few weeks. It takes two or more sides to agree on a trade.

This is a full rebuild, be patient

It's not a matter of patience, it's just my opinion that this isn't a full rebuild. We will see who is right on opening day.

We went through the same untouchables phase with Sale. Nobody who offers their top prospect wants to get in a bidding war for even more. The top prospect is your trump card so you better make sure it gets you your guy.