Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
An elite staff sure is exciting

as well as a line up like this

DH - Fisher*

C - Collins*

1B - Bell#

2B - Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - FA - Machado or Donaldson in the 18 offseason or Nolan Arenado in the '19 offseason

LF - Call

CF - Moncada#

RF - Basabe #

The lineup looks intriguing if everyone pans out. You can't just have an elite staff or some great arms and not have any Sox home runs fly out to the Cell's outfield seats though if you want to win. I am fine if RH makes the deal with the Pirates, but I hope that they really focus on getting some position players up there so we as fans can have something special to watch. I'm with whoever says to get the best available talent but we really can't afford to go back to the old ways of dumping prospects for veterans ever again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
You're right, if it isn't on twitter, it isn't official. Why did you want to punch me in the face on twitter because of something I posted here that had zero to do with you? Why didn't you post something here that you wanted to punch me in the face?

If rabbit or Kyle want to call me a dick, what do I care? They wouldn't know me if I standing right in front of them. But you are the guy that posted for all to see you wanted to punch me in the face on twitter for something I posted here. I was alerted to it. I don't follow you at all, although I did give you credit for things you did break. You are an internet tough guy. I read some of the stuff, and you want to punch a lot of people. I would love to get it on youtube because I am sure you would miss.

I would like to see said video so I have more context for the argument, but really, I think both of you should stop and focus on something that is actually meaningful here - a White Sox rebuild. I'm not a mod or admin or anything but man there's more to focus on than an argument over cyberspace.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
I am tired of the pitching headlined deals. Get the f***ing bat.

I'm with you. Meadows or Frazieror Torres or bust. Rutherford is nice, no question, but a little way away, and can't be the headline bat, as a second piece, I think he's terrific. The Sox are running out of guys they can trade to acquire the top guys. Now is the time..

The problem is there is no way the Yankees give up a Frazier or Torres for Cutch.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
So how about the white sox? It's Soxtalk guys... not gumtalk, or talks***talk, or f***youtalk.

Hell, sadly it's not even pooptalk.

:angry:

Haven't you been egging this entire thing on most of the morning?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
I'm with you. Meadows or Frazieror Torres or bust. Rutherford is nice, no question, but a little way away, and can't be the headline bat, as a second piece, I think he's terrific. The Sox are running out of guys they can trade to acquire the top guys. Now is the time..

I've always banged the "trade pitching for hitting drum" but this is getting ridiculous IMO. Can we also look for a young catcher? I want Collins at 1B because I don't want him worn down from catching.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)

The problem is there is no way the Yankees give up a Frazier or Torres for Cutch.

I just think the Sox are in the mindset of get the most value and if you land top bats, so be it. Which is fine if you can develop bats consistently.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
I just think the Sox are in the mindset of get the most value and if you land top bats, so be it. Which is fine if you can develop bats consistently.

Plus the White Sox for a decade have had far more luck developing pitching than they have hitters. Load up on guys other teams have done some development.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
I've always banged the "trade pitching for hitting drum" but this is getting ridiculous IMO. Can we also look for a young catcher? I want Collins at 1B because I don't want him worn down from catching.

We have the #2 catching prospect In the game. Let's give him time to develop as such.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Haven't you been egging this entire thing on most of the morning?

I am and always will be guilty of pushing pooptalk.

Edit: eggtalk- not so much

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
We have the #2 catching prospect In the game. Let's give him time to develop as such.

I don't know why a lot of people have written him off as a catcher. The Sox certainly haven't, and at the same stage, he can't be worse than Tyler Flowers was. Orton seems to know what he is doing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Just want to predict the 3-way trade blows up. Doesn't make sense for Yanks and Pirates

Why doesn't it make sense for the Pirates? And maybe the Yankees think McCutchen is likely to bounce back into a 6 WAR player and quickly become more valuable than the players they gave up. I think people tend to overreact too much to one bad year. McCutchen could be an excellent buy low candidate for certain teams at the right price.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
Why doesn't it make sense for the Pirates? And maybe the Yankees think McCutchen is likely to bounce back into a 6 WAR player and quickly become more valuable than the players they gave up. I think people tend to overreact too much to one bad year. McCutchen could be an excellent buy low candidate for certain teams at the right price.

Pirates giving up Cutch, Glasnow and more just seems like a lot. Yankees don't have much need for Cutch this year either

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)

I guess it's just weird to me that THOUGH it's true their offense was terrible, they have Sanchez, holliday additions, and potential bounceback from more plus additions from rookies like Frazier Judge.

But their pitching is razor thin and probably terrible. I don't know. Just a weird thing to add a short term upgrade on.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't know why a lot of people have written him off as a catcher. The Sox certainly haven't, and at the same stage, he can't be worse than Tyler Flowers was. Orton seems to know what he is doing.

I am in agreement with you on this. The kid was drafted less than a year ago and already is getting hammered by armchair GM types. Give him some time we might have a dandy young catcher

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)

Look at it this way, if the White Sox were in the Yankees position, would it be a positive or negative thread if it was rumored the Sox were giving up prospects for Cutch? I do agree with you, a great year, a bad year, people tend to overreact, especially to the bad. People are more inclined to think a guy will regress to the mean if he was great. If he was horrible, it's usually a sign of aging or something else. But the Pirates wouldn't exactly be trading him at the optimal time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
You're right, if it isn't on twitter, it isn't official. Why did you want to punch me in the face on twitter because of something I posted here that had zero to do with you? Why didn't you post something here that you wanted to punch me in the face?

If rabbit or Kyle want to call me a dick, what do I care? They wouldn't know me if I standing right in front of them. But you are the guy that posted for all to see you wanted to punch me in the face on twitter for something I posted here. I was alerted to it. I don't follow you at all, although I did give you credit for things you did break. You are an internet tough guy. I read some of the stuff, and you want to punch a lot of people. I would love to get it on youtube because I am sure you would miss.

As far as the punching thing, I don't even remember saying that but I'm sure I did. I'd advise you to not take things literally though. I read a handful of your posts and like I said, pinpointed

And I'm not an internet tough guy. I'm as self deprecating as they come. I laugh at myself as much as anyone. I'm an idiot. All of that I admit. But I'll be the first to defend myself when people are talking s*** about me on internet forums

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)

I'm not writing him off that he can't do it. I want his body preserved long-term.