Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
See you all after Christmas for more circle jerking

I never pictured Soxtalk as a big circle of dudes getting excited around a giant Sox logo painted on the floor. Spirit, mind & now body Jerksticks. Forgive my halfassedness these years

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
I never pictured Soxtalk as a big circle of dudes getting excited around a giant Sox logo painted on the floor. Spirit, mind & now body Jerksticks. Forgive my halfassedness these years

Is there beer? I'm in.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)
Some random dude on Twitter pooping:

#pirates acquire Quintana/Gardner/Cash, #yankees get McCuthen/Robertson, #whitesox get Newman/Keller/Rutherford/Sheifleld/Tate/comp bal pick

I'd be so stoked. :lol:

Who is this Radom guy who's pooping, can you share the link if you got it?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
To be fair, I don't have this type of influence.

I tried to make it clear on Twitter, but I never said it was imminent. Just that framework was talked about, the Sox wanted to get something done and the Pirates are serious in their interest of Q. After I tweeted about it, I spoke about the idea if the three way stalled, the Pirates were likely to still make a push for Q. Of course that wasn't as sexy as that three way deal so it doesn't get the play.

There is reason to believe the Yankees are/were the hold up though.

I should note that both Bruce Levine and Carmen DeFalco (spelling?, Idk) had acknowledged today that they had heard of the same three way framework. I have heard it from two different, unrelated, trusted sources that the deal was being discussed so I have utmost confidence the deal was actually discussed, I don't have the same confidence it'll get done though.

Thank God. I can rest ( maybe ) a happy man ( maybe ).

Appreciate your insight Brian... and also enjoyed the entertainment today.

Keep up the good work, glad it's paying off for you.

{ we\'ve got a long way to go before April }

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 01:23 AM)
To be fair, I don't have this type of influence.

I tried to make it clear on Twitter, but I never said it was imminent. Just that framework was talked about, the Sox wanted to get something done and the Pirates are serious in their interest of Q. After I tweeted about it, I spoke about the idea if the three way stalled, the Pirates were likely to still make a push for Q. Of course that wasn't as sexy as that three way deal so it doesn't get the play.

There is reason to believe the Yankees are/were the hold up though.

I should note that both Bruce Levine and Carmen DeFalco (spelling?, Idk) had acknowledged today that they had heard of the same three way framework. I have heard it from two different, unrelated, trusted sources that the deal was being discussed so I have utmost confidence the deal was actually discussed, I don't have the same confidence it'll get done though.

You chose your words well. You never said it was going to happen but that it was fluid. I don't think anyone here is doubting you.

Again thanks for the information.

The cool part I take from this is that we should be getting a big package of quality for Quintana. That should be a positive for everyone. That rumored package from that 3way was massive and would be 100% worth dealing Quintana. The idea that we can get Glasnow + a couple more sweet guys (per Rabbit) is awesome. I would think everyone would be pumped for something like Glasnow + Keller + Newman +'Diaz or something of the like. This is really exciting

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
The cool part I take from this is that we should be getting a big package of quality for Quintana. That should be a positive for everyone. That rumored package from that 3way was massive and would be 100% worth dealing Quintana. The idea that we can get Glasnow + a couple more sweet guys (per Rabbit) is awesome. I would think everyone would be pumped for something like Glasnow + Keller + Newman +'Diaz or something of the like. This is really exciting

I've been pretty firmly in the "you can't have too much pitching" camp when some complained about not enough hitting prospects after the Sale and Eaton trades, BUT we NEED to get at least 1 premium (top 50 minimum) hitting prospect back for Q. And that's not Newman or Diaz even though they are both fine prospects in their own right. We are brimming with pitching talent, but the hitting talent in the minors is still pretty lacking. I think we still need at least 1 more all-star potential piece to count on in the everyday lineup to truly feel confident in a reasonably timed rebuild.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 04:44 AM)
I like that Hahn seems to be insisting on a good return no matter how long it takes. I have enjoyed the rumors. Happy to have some interesting Sox stuff as the Bears are depressing me.

Rumors are fun though certainly not worth losing sleep . Doesn't really matter to me if I am one of the first to find out about a trade or post about it. I work 8-10 hr days without a desk or a cell phone . If the national media doesn't pick up a new rumor such as the Q 3 way it loses a lot of steam in a hurry.

It's good to know Hahn won't settle . He knows Q should be worth quite a bit as a player and future trade piece if he holds or even increases his stats. He should not be undersold .

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Jerry Crasnek musing on Twitter about Cutch to Toronto, possible helping their power void. But only musing, not saying anything is really happening at the moment.

If I were Toronto, I'd just re-sign Bautista to a one year deal (he's looking for one now) as opposed to giving up pieces for McCutchen.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
If I were Toronto, I'd just re-sign Bautista to a one year deal (he's looking for one now) as opposed to giving up pieces for McCutchen.

I think they'd definitely do both because they lost a lot in EE.

Having an OF of McCutchen Pillar and Bautista would help ease the lose of EE.