Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole of debating this but I personally don't feel like they would be idiots for not making that trade. Schwarber has the potential to be a top three power hitter in all of baseball IMO and isnt far away from that right now. Not to mention the guy proved he could do it on the biggest of stages.

Let alone giving two of their starting lineup for a starting pitcher when they are already have three top 5 pitchers in NL

QUOTE (RockfordJim @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
That guy stole my post from yesterday!

Happ + Jimenez + Candelario + would be a solid framework for a Quintana deal

It would hurt their minor league depth, but greatly position the Cubs rotation moving forward and create insurance against Arrieta leaving in free agency

Happ is totally blocked in the infield and Jimenez is several years away from the majors

Candelario is blocked as well

Cubs rotation would be totally stacked for 2017

Could be a win-win deal

There was a Yankees column on MLB.com this morning. I believe it was an Exec or Scout that said the chances of Q getting traded by Spring Training were 50-50. But it was another refuting of the Yankees interest articles.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 05:13 PM)
Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole of debating this but I personally don't feel like they would be idiots for not making that trade. Schwarber has the potential to be a top three power hitter in all of baseball IMO and isnt far away from that right now. Not to mention the guy proved he could do it on the biggest of stages.

I seriously doubt they get the year out of the rotation that they got this year. Arrieta is getting a little long in the tooth...and not a sure thing to re-up with the Cubs either. Lester had a great year for sure...I'd be shocked if duplicated. We'll see with Hendricks too. The legend of Kyle Schwarber is getting more Rocky Horror cult status than actual production IMO. He had a good series after missing the entire year. Pitching is a premium. Schwarbers come and go...very good left handed pitchers under control for a number of years that are MLB proven upper echelon don't. Schwarber hasn't even gone thru a full year at the MLB level yet...and people want to put him on this pedestal for his HOF bust already. We'll see....of course this is just my 2¢.

12079715_10207091165578148_7831395046860

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Says the 16 year old that is in every game thread freaking out.

Would you disagree? Seriously, just about everyone is on board with this rebuild and he has to go into every thread and piss in our Cheerios. It's insanely annoying and I wish he'd just create a separate thread to post his thoughts. Combing through these rants in a Quintana thread is unnecessary and annoying.

and I'm not going to freak out in game threads anymore. I know next year will be rough, but the future is bright. Very bright. I'm willing to endure some lean years if there is hope in the future.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
No, I don't agree with him and I've made that clear. But everyone has a right to state their opinion.

You off all people calling him was the pot calling the kettle black, however. Very black.

Fair enough, but I never said that he couldn't have an opinion and I'm not sure how my age is relevant to anything. I'm just a passionate Sox fan that wants the best for the sake of the team. I'm fully on board with this rebuild and hope they can continue the path they're on by trading Q for a haul.

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:19 PM)
Well this thread is officially the worst...

Just wait until late tonight when SoxTalk coast to coast am gets started with the conspiracy nutter power hour. Tonight's topic: the White Sox are NOT rebuilding; part deux. Special guests include David icke and Carl Everette.

Alright, officially time to get this thread back on track. While not a rumor, here is the first question from MLBtraderumors recent chat:

Joe

4:32 Is there any remaining chance Jose Quintana goes to Pittsburgh?

Jason Martinez

4:33 Chances only improved when they re-signed Nova since it's now very likely they'd include Glasnow. I'm guessing a team like the Yankees can still outbid them, but they'd have to include Clint Frazier or Gleyber Torres.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
Liking where this is headed, and I actually appreciate the front office not rushing this.

This move is just as important as the Sale and Eaton trades, this is last MAJOR trade chip they have in the war chest, they need to hit another HR.

Exactly. Although, I think Jones could be a huge piece to deal too.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
How would you guys rank the remaining trade chips in order of value? I'd say:

1. Quintana

2. Jones

3. Abreu

4. Robertson

5. Jennings

6. Gonzalez

7. Frazier

8. Melky

Frazier way too low. Right now, I'd put him #4.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
I think Jones is going to be more situational. I agree with the premise, but not sure it's going to happen this off-season. And the amount of relievers available at the deadline will sort of determine his worth as well.

With all that said, you are right that Jones should have a ton of value.

Agreed. He has a good 1st half, with his stuff, his contract, and how cheap he is. Teams with good prospect depth could be looking to unload the farm for a guy like Jones.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
Frazier way too low. Right now, I'd put him #4.

Agreed. Frazier still has value and I think could net a low end top 100 prospect.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
Agreed. Frazier still has value and I think could net a low end top 100 prospect.

I would not give up a top 100 prospect for Todd Frazier with the number of bats available on the FA market and their seemingly dropping prices. I find it entirely reasonable to have him after Jennings in terms of trade value. I do agree he would appear to be above Gonzalez.

Edit: Following this same logic I could find Abreu lower on that list than #3 as well.

I still maintain Jones is worth a lot more to us than he is to someone else right now. Maybe if we move Robo and he starts getting saves, but I'd be surprised f someone would be willing to send top flight guys over for Nate. And I love Nate.

My guess for rest of offseason:

Trade Q

Trade Robertson

Put Jones in as closer, Trade Jones at deadline.

Can't move melky for more than a salary dump. Sox need to make decision if Frazier return is better than a 2nd or 3rd round salary allotment.