Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

Hey. Kudos to Hahn. He's getting hte top level guys I wanted to see. But now that we know who else was offered his career will be defined by if any of them outperform Moncada/kopech who else we get for Q and others.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Absolutely. Sell on Eaton now. He'll never reach 6 WAR territory again. He's just not that kind of player.

Sign me up for the rebuild. If you can get big value for Quintana, Abreu and Eaton right now you do it

That would likely give us a top 5 farm system at the end of the day and give the Sox an opportunity to compete better in the future

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
I would guess 95% means you aren't getting the top guy, but the rest of the offer is similar.

Quintana is under control for four years, unless there are premium pieces coming back to the Sox he won't be going anywhere

I did not realize some scouts view Kopech as a top 5 pitching prospect in the game

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Could you get Turner, Robles and Giolito for Eaton and Quintana?

Interesting, but I don't think that would be the best use of Q and Eaton. It would likely be better to trade them individually for nice packages

Abreu has a solid amount of value as well

I don't think that really helps long term. I would want more quantity than that, even if I had to give up one of the star players to do it. If I trade those two in a package, I want two or three front line guys, plus a lot of a teams top 10 besides.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
I don't think that really helps long term. I would want more quantity than that, even if I had to give up one of the star players to do it. If I trade those two in a package, I want two or three front line guys, plus a lot of a teams top 10 besides.

Yeah, you really need to get 8-10 players for Q and Eaton

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
"Catching breath" = making the other teams sweat and pay up to get him.

Yep. It's nice being in the driver's seat.

Q is the pitcher I preferred to keep but if a team wants to ante up then why not? For me, talks begin with a Sale type package and see if anyone ends up giving in. Imho, a team would. Possibly the rumored Nat's package for Sale.

If I am Washington I would trade Turner, Giolito and Robles for Eaton and Quintana right away

Eaton and Q are under cheap control for years and both have been 5+ WAR players

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
the other thing to consider is how insanely low our payroll is going to be in a year

We will have TONS of payroll flexibility as a result of the rebuild

Once Melky and Robertson are off the books the payroll will be tiny

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)

This. The point of this rebuild is to turn a poor farm into a really, really good system. The Boston package got you your headliner, now let's get 8-10 guys for Q and Eaton.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
the other thing to consider is how insanely low our payroll is going to be in a year

Yep. Should have an absurd amount of flexibility for that crazy 2018 FA class, could speed the rebuild up dramatically and not lose any young talent.

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
Yep. Should have an absurd amount of flexibility for that crazy 2018 FA class, could speed the rebuild up dramatically and not lose any young talent.

Sox likely won't be players in 2018, but come 2019 I could see a rebuilt team ready to compete with more moves and quality drafts

We are heading for a top 5 draft pick the next two years in a row

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)

Correct. This is officially Hahn's team now, if we deal Q, Frazier, Melky, Robertson, and Eaton, it sets us up well for the '18 FA class with injecting our minor league system and incorporate some of the talent onto the MLB roster by then. Ladies and Gentlemen, hold onto your butts, the White Sox may be on the radar quicker than we think. Did I mention tanking for a year or two sets us up nicely for a top 5 pick?

Edited by Soxnfins

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Sox likely won't be players in 2018, but come 2019 I could see a rebuilt team ready to compete with more moves and quality drafts

We are heading for a top 5 draft pick the next two years in a row

I'm glad that Hostetler is running the show now in regards to the draft. Love his philosophy.