Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
What is Moncada's jersey number going to be with the Sox?

Press conference scheduled, or is he out of the country? You would think with season ticket renewals going out that they'd try to milk Moncada for all he's worth, along with Anderson and Rodon.

Yeah, and after 2018, they'll have a much better idea where they at in the rebuilding process. Serious players...not for Harper and Machado, but the next tier is certainly a possibility.

I would assume he won't have a number for a long time if he's not playing this year. At least we won't know for sure until he gets called up.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
At least Rick has been clear that this IS a rebuild. That's something Sox fans have seen on the other side of town.

If we're going to be bad, let's be bad and rebuild, not be bad and go for it every year.

You should be in marketing.

You would think for as big as Moncada's going to be, they would hold the same jersey number in Charlotte and make it clear from today he'll have that same number with the Sox when he's called up. Did Under Armour get the jersey deal for minor leaguers too...or will it still be Majestic until 2020?

Other than Eaton, I can't think of anyone who will be in the vicinity in terms of jersey sales for the next year or two. Anderson, Kopech and Burdi...the other possibilities. Fans have sort of moved on from Abreu after 2014-15 already.

Of course, we'll have even more exciting names to speculate about if Q and Eaton both go.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
Am I the only one who would like to keep Quintana at least for another year? I would trade everyone else but I expect the Sox window to start to be 2019 and beyond. Plus, I would like to watch a few games next year.

I thought I felt this way but now that it's started and I saw who we got I feel like we just need to make it official and tear it down, focus on player development as much as possible.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
You would think for as big as Moncada's going to be, they would hold the same jersey number in Charlotte and make it clear from today he'll have that same number with the Sox when he's called up. Did Under Armour get the jersey deal for minor leaguers too...or will it still be Majestic until 2020?

Other than Eaton, I can't think of anyone who will be in the vicinity in terms of jersey sales for the next year or two. Anderson, Kopech and Burdi...the other possibilities. Fans have sort of moved on from Abreu after 2014-15 already.

Of course, we'll have even more exciting names to speculate about if Q and Eaton both go.

In what world is Moncads's jersey number continuity needed in a thread about Quintana trade rumors?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
Heard around the Winter Meetings: there are more teams with interest in Quintana than there were pursuing Sale.

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/806279598698856448

Not sure of the level of seriousness in regard to Quintana and the various teams

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/806279678445162498

Because they think he is cheaper

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Because they think he is cheaper

Cheaper is relative. The top Sale suitors White Sox chose because we required a top 10 prospect. Sox may choose a bevy of 20-100 prospects this time plus more.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
Just gonna keep throwing s*** out into the world

Nats are in "s*** we only have 2 years of Bryce left" mode:

Q/Eaton/Jones to Nats for Turner/Giolito/Robles +++more

Just turn off the idea of Turner. Also wtf

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
In what world is Moncads's jersey number continuity needed in a thread about Quintana trade rumors?

See post 98.

Then put it into the Moncada ones.

Heaven forbid having the first really young position player since Beckham (Anderson was unfairly lost in the shuffle last year, with the season falling apart) that White Sox fans could get that excited about. So that's two Moncada jerseys sold already, just in this thread alone.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
See post 98.

Heaven forbid having the first really young position player since Beckham (Anderson was unfairly lost in the shuffle last year, with the season falling apart) that White Sox fans could get that excited about. So that's two Moncada jerseys sold already, just in this thread alone.

Take it somewhere else man. Not today. There's too much real stuff to talk about.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
See post 98.

lol, you would be a great pitcher, because you can throw curveballs with the best of them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
lol, you would be a great pitcher, because you can throw curveballs with the best of them.

If anyone is to blame for that, it's me.

Leave poor Caulfield alone.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
Slick Rick will get it done cmon. Q is just as valuable with the extra year. Entice em with a lil Eaton and Jones

Eaton and Jones added in should get you anything less than Turner, Giolito, Robles, Fedde, Lopez and three fliers.