Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
That was their Sale offer; won't make it for Quintana.

Don't be so sure. GM's might like Q better due to the extra year of control, no FA pitching market, less concerns with Q's durability vs Sale's and to be honest, aside from Sale's strike outs Q's numbers are just about there with Sale's.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
When you try to predict rotations/lineups years in advance, it never turns out that way ha

LOL I was only half serious.

Would love for this Quintana deal to happen while I'm eating dinner. Please and thank you Rick Hahn

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about Nate Jones. Literally any team that is trying to contend this year could use him.

Worst case let Nate continue what he was doing this year and flip him to a desperate team at the deadline.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about Nate Jones. Literally any team that is trying to contend this year could use him.

I think he makes more sense at the deadline. Setup men will be all the rage with contending teams this year, thinking they can replicate the Indians/Royals model the last couple of years.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)

Chapman and Jansen need to clear the market first. Even if he's not a closer, teams are going to grab the dominant bullpen guys first.

Possibly Wade Davis as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
Chapman and Jansen need to clear the market first. Even if he's not a closer, teams are going to grab the dominant bullpen guys first.

Possibly Wade Davis as well.

I think there might be an issue with Wade"s medicals. His trade to the Cubs has been held up. Don"t like injuries but that can help the White Sox in more ways than one.Guess it's not the medicals but the Nationals.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
I think there might be an issue with Wade"s medicals. His trade to the Cubs has been held up. Don"t like injuries but that can help the White Sox in more ways than one.

I thought the hangup was the Nationals making a late push?