Chris Sale Appreciation Thread

Jose Abreu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pitcher wish him well. Have read several what an as hole h is posts, and there is no doubt cutting up jerseys is one of most ridiculous things ever, but he could be a cool dude. My nephew was on the field for BP one day and he signed a couple of things for him and took a picture, talked to him for a bit. My nephew is still buzzed over that.,

It really hurts to lose one of the games best pitchers. You have a lot of passion and you care about winning, things that one would think would translate to more team success than what we had. You may have some growing up to do but most of us did when we were your age. Good luck Chris.

I saw him carrying the pink backpack his rookie year in Baltimore pregame, in a game that Viciedo actually started at 3B. Then he came in in relief later in the game and was all arms and elbows, IIRC that was his MLB debut. Proud to say I was at the game. That will be my lasting memory of him, all promise and mostly fulfilled individually but not as a team. But he is only one of 25.

Good luck, Chris. I'm sure you are elated you are going to a team that has a chance of winning it all.

He was a great great pitcher. I have no problem with anything he did like cutting up those gawdforsaken unprofessional uniforms. I have no problem with his demanding to stay in games. With a team as bad a bullpen as the White Sox and one going nowhere in the standings, he had the right to throw a fit and demand to stay in as long as he could. Not have the bullpen blow it all.

Sure he had some awful games against divisional teams, but it was a poor fit cause he was a star on a team going nowhere. I wish him the best but like I said, for him, this is no emotional thing. I'm sure he'd delighted he finally gets the first flight out of Chicago and gets to contend.

THANK YOU CHRIS SALE for many many great outings and being the ace of what could have been a pennant winning team if we had a front office with a clue! Good luck to you.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
I saw him carrying the pink backpack his rookie year in Baltimore pregame, in a game that Viciedo actually started at 3B. Then he came in in relief later in the game and was all arms and elbows, IIRC that was his MLB debut. Proud to say I was at the game. That will be my lasting memory of him, all promise and mostly fulfilled individually but not as a team. But he is only one of 25.

I will never forget that first at bat he had against Joe Mauer out of the bullpen in 2010. In fact I think this is the at bat right here. Mauer's 3/3 at the time with a HR, and he's a foot away from the 3rd pitch sale throws. You can see Mauer visibly exhaling or something like that after the last swing.

QUOTE (aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Thanks for the contributions, Chris.

You were my seventh favorite White Sox pitcher behind Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Jose Contreras, Freddy Garcia, El Duque and Bobby Jenks.

God I love this.

The past 3 years were brutal being a sox fan with non-sox fan baseball friends. The only thing I had was Sale. I'd send the gifs of him k'ing people that were getting hit by the pitch. The nasty sliders. The knowing we'd win opening day 1-0 with him.

It sucks to see him go, but it sucked to watch him give his all and then watching jeff keppinger try and score runs for him.

Content he will get even more press than he deserves in Boston (nobody deserves the amount of press they get as red sox, nobody)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
I remember when he got drafted, this board was ecstatic that he fell to them.

Chris, you were one crazy SOB, but damn you were fun to watch and you'll be missed.

I'll actually cheer for the Red Sox to win now.

I thought about that too. Don't really want Red Sox to win. Might just cheer for him to win a Cy Young and then win with whatever team he signs with after this current deal (if its Red Sox, then f*** it).

I got to see Sale pitch live once: versus Seattle this past August. Sale went the distance and struck out 14, but the Sox lost 3-1. That game epitomized Chris Sale's time with the Sox. It was great watching him dominate, but that excitement was tempered by the lack of team wins.

I wish Sale good health and October wins in Boston.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
I got to see Sale pitch live once: versus Seattle this past August. Sale went the distance and struck out 14, but the Sox lost 3-1. That game epitomized Chris Sale's time with the Sox. It was great watching him dominate, but that excitement was tempered by the lack of team wins.

I wish Sale good health and October wins in Boston.

I was going to post this. This is the game I came to terms and realized he was gone this offseason. Lucky enough to see it in person too.

But my favorite game that I was lucky enough to see him pitch: August 16th, 2015

Link

He was just downright filthy that game. I got so many texts afterward from my Cub-fan friends in awe at what he did.

My favorite baseball player probably ever. Nothing but respect for the most talented pitcher in White Sox history. He will be sorely missed on the south side. Can't wait for him to trash Kenny Williams from afar now.