Rodon had most strikes called balls in MLB

southsider2k5

This is why it was so impressive that he still managed to increase his strikeout rate and significantly drop his walk rate from 2015. He was working with a significantly reduced zone, especially when you factor in how much Flowers increased his zone.

Edited by OmarComing25

I've done a 180 on pitch framing. I over estimated (a bad mistake) the competency of MLB umps. I've now seen more than enough evidence that framing matters and that the Sox suffered from a lack of it last year.

This is a key area to improve on and seeing how we are starting from the bottom it shouldn't be too hard just to move into "mediocre". I have no idea who is out there that fits the rebuild plan but just getting someone that can raise the trade value of the pitchers by getting more strikes is a good move.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 06:10 PM)
I've done a 180 on pitch framing. I over estimated (a bad mistake) the competency of MLB umps. I've now seen more than enough evidence that framing matters and that the Sox suffered from a lack of it last year.

This is a key area to improve on and seeing how we are starting from the bottom it shouldn't be too hard just to move into "mediocre". I have no idea who is out there that fits the rebuild plan but just getting someone that can raise the trade value of the pitchers by getting more strikes is a good move.

Of the remaining free agent catchers Jeff Mathis is the only one who's an above-average framer.