• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
Saw that the Yankees have the highest ranked catching prospect in Gary Sanchez

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/...ers/cards/93026

is he available? who else is out there?

Not trying to be mean but did you pay attention to MLB in the second half of the year? I don't blame you if you didnt. But he was one of the biggest stories in baseball. Highly doubt he's touchable after that.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
I don't have a name in mind, but at the very least they should acquire someone that's a decent framer. Even if said catcher can't hit at all, it can't be good for young pitchers development to constantly lose a ton of strikes.

In general, get players back there who are actual catchers that can handle all defensive aspects of catching. Catching is the most important defensive position on the field. Catchers who can defend and hit are 1 in a million. You usually either get an offensive catcher or a defensive catcher.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
There was nothing but positive reviews of Collins' catching ability in the AFL. No reason to knock him off catcher anytime soon.

"The biggest concerns around Collins is where he will play defensively. He’s played a lot of places, but the White Sox are giving him a fair shake at catcher. The White Sox need a backstop, but it doesn’t appear Collins is the answer. His feet have the propensity to be heavy and his receiving abilities are a little awkward."

From OutsidePitch on Nov 19th, 2016

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Gross.

Horrible pitcher framer too.

I figure it really doesn't matter during this rebuild. I fully expect an uninspiring stopgap. Wellington Castillo would be a nice grab though. Hope he rebuilds some value, and flip him at the deadline.