2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

Just now, GenericUserName said:

Also I think he got contacts after the summer and he got a lot better at hitting for contact after that but it wasn't against the same level of competition as during the summer. 

Yes I saw that story

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Amateur baseball players gotta meet with their optometrists more often.

There is a chapter in The Sports Gene by David Epstein about baseball and players' vision and ever since reading that I would have every prospect I scouted see an optometrist and every player in my organization get whatever glasses or contacts they need. The stats showed that basically every hitter in MLB had at least 20/20 vision with most testing beyond the standard chart. 

3 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Now watching MLB network and once again the things they talk about are that he is competitive and that he wins games at Florida. I feel like he is benefiting from Puk and Faedo falling and doing well and now there is an over-correction. 

Eh, is Faedo doing that well? Puk was still top 3 I thought.

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Watching this preview show. Mayo loves Liberatore. Obviously the Sox won’t take him.

I woulnt take HS pitchers that high in the draft either. Too much investment for the risk.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I woulnt take HS pitchers that high in the draft either. Too much investment for the risk.

No, I agree. The Sox have to hit on a college player that will contribute within a couple years.