Jump to content
Joshua Strong

2018 MLB Draft

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Well, neither of those guys has fallen for the same type of reasons as Romero.

Romero, by the way, has NOT worked out so far, for the same reasons he fell in the drat in the first place.

Yeah, true. Not sure I've read any issues on "character issues" or uh, steroids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh two draft threads.  Do I move over to that one right around draft time? Is that its purpose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, Hankins, possibly Mclanahan.

Wow, I would love if Mclanahan fell to the Sox.  I think he has the best ace potential of any of the SPs.  It would be very similar to getting Hansen there.  Can't imagine a LH 100 MPH arm falling that far, but now I have something to dream on today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be a Draft Thread pinned in PHT as soon as the FS Draft Tracker goes up. Others will be closed and redirected to that one, so that it's in one place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Ahhh two draft threads.  Do I move over to that one right around draft time? Is that its purpose?

We usually have a thread on draft day for discussion.  This has been a very open and general thread for all purposes, this one is more White Sox and draft day(s) focused.  This will probably be closed by this afternoon/evening to streamline things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

We usually have a thread on draft day for discussion.  This has been a very open and general thread for all purposes, this one is more White Sox and draft day(s) focused.  This will probably be closed by this afternoon/evening to streamline things.

 

Really hope we end up snagging Madrigal in the draft. I tend to agree with Fangraphs that Singer is largely overrated. I won't be that upset if we end up with Singer, but I think he projects to be a #3/4 starter and not a #1/2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, turnin' two said:

 

Boy, that practice swing looks like he was just focusing on adding more loft, so he could hit a dinger in a game that was already sealed up.  That is most impressive.  Wow.  

I'm pretty sure Ryan Braun does the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm pretty sure Ryan Braun does the same thing

Speaking of Ryan Braun, is it just me or does it always look like his bat is about 2 feet longer than everyone else's? It looks fungoish to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Speaking of Ryan Braun, is it just me or does it always look like his bat is about 2 feet longer than everyone else's? It looks fungoish to me. 

Definitely not just you. I've thought that every time I've seen him batting. I always figured he just used a big bat and held it all the way at the knob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Speaking of Ryan Braun, is it just me or does it always look like his bat is about 2 feet longer than everyone else's? It looks fungoish to me. 

 

4 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Definitely not just you. I've thought that every time I've seen him batting. I always figured he just used a big bat and held it all the way at the knob.

I've felt the same way about Welington Castillo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×