2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

Sorry for one-offs

dominik

1:37 should the white sox really consider bohm? I know usually you should go BPA but the sox already have like a million corner bats in their system and really lack up the middle (middle IF, CF) talent.

Kiley McDaniel

1:37 They aren't all gonna hit, trade the leftovers when you find the good ones. Pitchers will always be available in trades

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:46 PM)
Yeah, I?€m sold now.

Yeah, I'm sold on him and Swaggerty. Its weird, but I think the thing that convinced me about Swaggerty is how young he is relative to some of the other guys in this class. They also both really fit the profile from last year of more walks than strikeouts, high OBP, at least average power.

Edited by GenericUserName

Swaggerty one:

PTown

1:33 Is Swaggerty a better prospect coming out than Corey Ray or Adam Haseley?

Kiley McDaniel

1:33 Better than Haseley, comparable to Ray but Ray had more tools and longer track record

I find this exchange kinda funny:

PTown

12:54 Would you be shocked if the White Sox took Bohm with the 4th pick even though they drafted Burger last year?

Kiley McDaniel

12:54 Nope because that would be smart and not taking Bohm for that reason would be stupid

dominik

1:37 should the white sox really consider bohm? I know usually you should go BPA but the sox already have like a million corner bats in their system and really lack up the middle (middle IF, CF) talent.

Kiley McDaniel

1:37 They aren't all gonna hit, trade the leftovers when you find the good ones. Pitchers will always be available in trades

wait wait, but are the white sox REALLLLY considering bohm???

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:44 PM)
I find this exchange kinda funny:

PTown

12:54 Would you be shocked if the White Sox took Bohm with the 4th pick even though they drafted Burger last year?

Kiley McDaniel

12:54 Nope because that would be smart and not taking Bohm for that reason would be stupid

dominik

Kiley McDaniel

wait wait, but are the white sox REALLLLY considering bohm???

Unfortunately I feel like both of those questions originated from this board.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:14 PM)
Unfortunately I feel like both of those questions originated from this board.

Not a criticism of the askers! You usually have no idea if your question will get answered or what else has been asked when you submit.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:40 PM)
Not a criticism of the askers! You usually have no idea if your question will get answered or what else has been asked when you submit.

I mainly mean that I find the notion of passing on a player like Bohm because Jake Burger exists is quite silly.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:55 PM)
I mainly mean that I find the notion of passing on a player like Bohm because Jake Burger exists is quite silly.

It's a reason to take McClanahan, Madrigal, or Swaggerty if you have similar grades on them. If you think Bohm is hands down BPA when you're picking, you take him, though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 09:42 PM)
I'm only taking McClanahan if he has better grades, all things equal I'm not taking a pitcher with TJ.

Couldn't agree more. For me, it's Madrigal or Bohm right now. For some reason, Logan Gilbert just seems like type of guy the Sox would like. Swaggery's average is still a bit concerning

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 04:16 PM)
Couldn't agree more. For me, it's Madrigal or Bohm right now. For some reason, Logan Gilbert just seems like type of guy the Sox would like. Swaggery's average is still a bit concerning

I'm not as concerned about Swaggety's average because its already coming back up and he is using a new swing this year, so some streakiness is probably expected. He did well with wood on Team USA during the summer, so he has a good history.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:56 AM)
Was Lucas Giolioto one of them?

IIRC there was a segment on an MLB insider show that caught the Sox brass talking about passing on a pitcher because of his mechanics. This would have been before Giolito was drafted. For some reason it seems like they never said the name, but there were rumors as to who it was. I can't recall the name now.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:05 AM)
Full draft top 125 from 2080 baseball. They have an interesting take on Turang. Also there seems to be some consensus forming on the top tier.

This Lenny Torres Jr. kid around our second pick has some pretty electric stuff

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:11 PM)
This Lenny Torres Jr. kid around our second pick has some pretty electric stuff

I just watched some of his videos after you said that....wow the arm side movement on his fastball is nuts! One video had him striking out Turang looking and Kelenic swinging on the fastball on the outside corner. Looks like he has raw secondary pitches, but a fastball like that would be a nice get in the second. And he is basically a year younger than most of the other HS guys, so he could probably add a little more velo too.