Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
How many of those guys are around? He's averaged 4.2 fWAR the past 3 years, and it's been rising. He's signed for $38 million over the next 5 seasons.

If other teams don't want to value that for what it's worth, the Sox can keep him and be fine with the best RF in town for $145 million less.

Yeah, the trophy for that is really big I heard.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)
What amazes me is this rumor gets going about us parting with a gold glove OFer who swings a good bat and a Cy Young candidate in the same trade with a return of second level minor league players and some think it's acceptable or even true

To be fair, Eaton has never won a GG. Q has never finished higher than 10th (2016) in Cy Young contention and nobody has suggested trading them for second level minor league players.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:05 PM)
How many of those guys are around? He's averaged 4.2 fWAR the past 3 years, and it's been rising. He's signed for $38 million over the next 5 seasons.

If other teams don't want to value that for what it's worth, the Sox can keep him and be fine with the best RF in town for $145 million less than Theo paid for his physical specimen who forgot how to hit homers 4 years ago, and forgot how to hit at all in 2016.

Maybe these armchair GMs can enlighten us on how they evaluate talent. Reading these posts I am surprised we even fielded a team or could ever compete on the field let alone make trades

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
To be fair, Eaton has never won a GG. Q has never finished higher than 10th (2016) in Cy Young contention and nobody has suggested trading them for second level minor league players.

yeah we're talking about top-tier prospects that are close to being MLB ready in a year or two.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)

You are defeated before you even get started

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Soxtalk translation at the moment is any prospect that isn't Trea Turner, Benintendi, Swanson, Urias or Bregman are second tier.

To be fair, the people doing this are only looking at the few teams rumored to be in on these players, so with a few exceptions it is pretty accurate.

More than likely the Sox leave with just making the Sale trade.

I don't know about you guys but it seems to me that you will not get premier value for Quintana or Abreu in this market. I would hold them for mid-season or next offseason to trade.

The guys I deal are Eaton, Frazier, Robertson and Jones. Jones would even be worth keeping if you believe he can close games for you. His value would sky rocket if he can be as successful as closer as he has been in middle relief.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
More than likely the Sox leave with just making the Sale trade.

I don't know about you guys but it seems to me that you will not get premier value for Quintana or Abreu in this market. I would hold them for mid-season or next offseason to trade.

The guys I deal are Eaton, Frazier, Robertson and Jones. Jones would even be worth keeping if you believe he can close games for you. His value would sky rocket if he can be as successful as closer as he has been in middle relief.

If Jones performs well as a closer he could be a nice trade chip at the deadline to a contender