Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
http://www.espn.com/mlb/war/leaders

Eaton ranked 15th in baseball in WAR last year according to espn

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...=&players=0

fangraphs has him ranked 11th in war

you guys will have to find the bwar/fwar stuff, can't find it anywhere

He was 11th in fWAR, according to what you just posted. If I understand it correctly, fWAR = Fangraphs WAR and bWAR = Baseball Reference WAR.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
At this point basically the only pitchers I care about have to throw ambidextrously or 105 mph for me to care. Position players much more fun.

We need position players so much worse than pitchers right now. Washington does have guys like Kieboom, Neuse and Stevenson, along with the July 1 guys like Soto and Franco that really need to be worked into a deal.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
Not sure why we continue to add pitching prospects when we need position players. And we have only added one in Moncada. This is too strange.

I continue to have no issue adding pitching, particularly advanced pitching. 2/5 of our rotation last year was scrap heap guys. Good chance we trade away 2 pitchers. It would be very nice to not have to trade for the next James Shields out of desperation.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Not sure why we continue to add pitching prospects when we need position players. And we have only added one in Moncada. This is too strange.

This (Basabe too but still)

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Servino is a defensive catcher who's bat is way behind developing. I just don't get why we wouldn't insist on position players. I get pitching is king but man we need some hitters to go with these guys.

I saw Severino described as the best defensive catcher in the minors. That is worth capturing.

Servino is a defensive catcher who's bat is way behind developing. I just don't get why we wouldn't insist on position players. I get pitching is king but man we need some hitters to go with these guys.

but do you really see Collins being that guy behind the plate? i've read his defense is lacking behind the plate.

He's 22 and hasn't even played a game in AAA, though he's been in MLB twice and did very well in his most recent cup of coffee there. I think the bat can catch up if you give it time.