Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
Ok so what's the infatuation with a light hitting catcher like Severino? It it just desperation for a C in general or am I missing something?

scouts think he can possibly hit for a decent average, but say he was the best defensive catcher in the minors last season FWIW.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
I saw Severino described as the best defensive catcher in the minors. That is worth capturing.

Agreed but I rather have focus on shoreing up the middle of the field and Robles along with Moncada and Anderson does that. Servino is great as a add on but man to not get Robles stinks. I rather have him with either Lopez or Gioloto.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
I saw Severino described as the best defensive catcher in the minors. That is worth capturing.

Going to be awfully hard to keep a bat in the lineup who can't maintain a .650 OPS...Not saying he's completely invaluable or he shouldn't be part of the package, but if we only get 3 players (without Robles or Turner) and Severino is 1 of them I'd consider it a pretty light deal.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)
What amazes me is this rumor gets going about us parting with a gold glove OFer who swings a good bat and a Cy Young candidate in the same trade with a return of second level minor league players and some think it's acceptable or even true

Hawk? Is that you?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
Agreed but I rather have focus on shoreing up the middle of the field and Robles along with Moncada and Anderson does that. Servino is great as a add on but man to not get Robles stinks. I rather have him with either Lopez or Gioloto.

Given the choice, I would much rather load on up on other top position players. But that being said, I have no problem with him being in the end of a deal.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
Going to be awfully hard to keep a bat in the lineup who can't maintain a .650 OPS...Not saying he's completely invaluable or he shouldn't be part of the package, but if we only get 3 players (without Robles or Turner) and Severino is 1 of them I'd consider it a pretty light deal.

Without Turner or Robles, we have to be talking about a quantity type of deal, otherwise I am going to be pretty pissy about the return.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
If Sox are getting pitching back in this you have to get position players for Quintana.

Hope this is the case. And another thing about accumulated high end pitching is you can always trade it away for bats, cost controlled pitching is something that will always be in demand. I would love this and a quick Q follow up with Houston for Reed, Tucker, and more.