Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

Some reaction from the Winter Meetings:

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt

8s

If I were a #Nationals fan, I would be equal parts incredulous and furious. Three ridiculous arms. What a coup for the #WhiteSox.

Casey Stern @CaseyStern

now

Consensus on the floor here from GM's: As bad a panic move as they've seen at the meetings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
The irony here is that those are the exact sorts of players you will be watching this year.

Maybe. But instead of watching such dread with no help in sight from the minor leagues, now we can enjoy the anticipation of this new and talented wave of young players arriving on the scene in the next year or so. We had no such hopes in these previous horrible years under the misguided direction the team went during that time.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:13 PM)
Maybe. But instead of watching such dread with no help in sight from the minor leagues, now we can enjoy the anticipation of this new and talented wave of young players arriving on the scene in the next year or so. We had no such hopes in these previous horrible years under the misguided direction the team went during that time.

Unless I live in Charlotte or Birmingham, nothing has changed.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
Rabbit tweeted that we're not near done yet

Q is next. Have a feeling we'll get a headline position player for him, along with pitching. My theory is that you can never trade a TOR guy without acquiring some form of pitching talent back.

Now Renteria must be experiencing deja vu.

The big question is who manages the next White Sox playoff team. Cleveland won't be able to hold their window open for more than two more years, three tops.

And we're far ahead of the rest of the division in jumpstarting in two days...not to mention the pot of gold tv revenues that no other divisional team will have access to. This young team will be a much easier sell than the 2013-2016 version.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
The Nationals are getting torched for this move by the media.

Their press conference is clearly indicating they have been completely duped.

you know what they say payback a b**** nats you don't mess with the hahn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
Unless I live in Charlotte or Birmingham, nothing has changed.

Why so glum, chum? The offseason isn't over yet. Heck, the winter meetings aren't over yet. It's quite possible, if not probable, that Hahn will convert Q into a similar haul but only of a positional player nature. Then we will have replenished both our pitching and our hitting deficits. Isn't that enough to turn your frown upside down?