Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 07:16 PM)
And that's why players accept these team friendly deals.

And that's why Robbie Cano jogs to first on occasion.

I'm only half serious but Eaton is a 100% max effort guy and because of that he was always more of an injury risk than your average player. I feel badly for him but on the other hand it's not like you didn't see it coming, in one way or another.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)
Never would've thought Eaton would go down before Sale. That's too bad at least his contract is manageable. He's probably going to be worth almost nothing at the back end of that contract.

The backend of his contract are option years.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)

I'm only half serious but Eaton is a 100% max effort guy and because of that he was always more of an injury risk than your average player. I feel badly for him but on the other hand it's not like you didn't see it coming, in one way or another.

I look at Avi the same way. He looks a little bit foot twisted when he hits 1st base some times.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 11:41 PM)
I look at Avi the same way. He looks a little bit foot twisted when he hits 1st base some times.

Really tough break, and I hate to see that happen to Eaton

Injuries are part of the game, and he is under contract long enough to bounce back.

Pete Rose ran out everything, including walks and he didn't get hurt. It's a fluke. To think you are a greater injury chance playing hard than not is silly. He has run out thousands of these. He went down on one. It could happen to a guy jogging to first base as well.

Don't hustle, take games off. It's the new way. I wonder how the players who didn't take games off and hustled all the time ever made it.

The weird part is it almost is the exact opposite pitching. The speed gun and k-rate are almost all that matters. Max effort almost every pitch.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2017 -> 08:23 AM)
Pete Rose ran out everything, including walks and he didn't get hurt. It's a fluke. To think you are a greater injury chance playing hard than not is silly. He has run out thousands of these. He went down on one. It could happen to a guy jogging to first base as well.

Don't hustle, take games off. It's the new way. I wonder how the players who didn't take games off and hustled all the time ever made it.

The weird part is it almost is the exact opposite pitching. The speed gun and k-rate are almost all that matters.

Agreed 100%. He just took a bad step on the base.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 1, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
Agreed 100%. He just took a bad step on the base.

Exactly. I've seen people injure themselves just walking down the street.

It's too bad. I hope he can fully recover. Some do, some don't. Obviously knee surgery has come a long way the last 20 years, but you never know. Some guys continue to have problems. We do know he will work his ass off to get back to normal.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2017 -> 08:30 AM)
Exactly. I've seen people injure themselves just walking down the street.

It's too bad. I hope he can fully recover. Some do, some don't. Obviously knee surgery has come a long way the last 20 years, but you never know. Some guys continue to have problems. We do know he will work his ass off to get back to normal.

Shifting over to left next season should help him out.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 29, 2017 -> 07:43 PM)

The injury isn't really related to Eaton going 100% max effort. He got hurt because he made the mistake (which he had always done with the Sox and gotten away with) of lunging for the bag on his last step. As a runner, you are taught to run through the base and not lunge for it because A) it slows you down and B) you can do what Eaton did and get hurt.

Very very unfortunate - feel bad for Spanky. And the Nats.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
Paging ptatc --- paging dr. Ptatc.

Sorry, everyone. I was out of town for the weekend but everyone should be caught up by now. He'll be ready for Spring training.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 06:59 PM)
It's the same injury Kyle Schwarber had last year.

The reports indicate that it not as severe as Schwarber. Eaton just had the ACL. Schwarber got the LCL and others as well.